RV Trip to NS

May 3rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

RV Trip to NS

We are planning a RV trip starting and endind at Halifax. Tentatively planning to travel (couple of days) up to Confederation Bridge and spend 3 days on PEI, then taking ferry to Caribou for drive to Cape Breton for about 3 days then working our way back to Halifax. That's about all the planning I have done. Am interested in sites to see and good RV parks. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. CWHough
May 4th, 2004, 07:07 AM

Dear cwhough, I believe you would be taking the ferry from PEI to Nova Scotia then driving to Cape breton not taking the caribou thats the Newfoundland ferry betwen Newfoundlan & Nova Scotia, but I can suggest the Cabot Trail Campgound in Baddeck as a place to stay while on Cape breton Island plan to stay here for at least 3 days in order to see the cabot trail , Louisbourg & the Miners Musuem. When in Baddeck visit the Bell Museum & a nice place to eat in Baddeck would be the Bell Bouy Res. Great food . Hope to see you here> Have fun
May 4th, 2004, 08:18 AM

I agree that using Baddeck for seeing the Cabot Trail area is good. The town is picturesque and idelaly located.
If you are interested in provincial parks, there's a wonderful small park east of Halifax called Kejimkujik. We really enjoyed the park last summer and plan on returning. Also, I don't know whether there are RV parks along Digby Neck (which sits on Fundy Bay), but the area is very pretty and there are a few whale watching boats along the way.
May 8th, 2004, 06:18 PM

CW was right. The ferry runs from Prince Edward Island to Caribou, Nova Scotia.
Jun 3rd, 2004, 05:55 AM

CWHough - When are you going on this trip as I too am interesting in exploring this area via RV. Please post a trip report when you return. Thanks!