Reload this Page >

Richmond, British Columbia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Daniella

I will be accompanying my husband on his business trip to Richmond in late May. He will be attending a conference there for 4 days and I'll be on my own during the day to explore Richmond. Any advice on what to see and do? We'll be staying at the Hilton hotel in Richmond, but I'll have access to a rental car to get around.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 06:15 PM
gary

Richmond is a bedroom suburb of Vancouver. Other than Steveston, (an historic fishing and cannary row port),and the heavy Asian influence reflected in the profusion of Asian Malls and Chinese Restaurants you should consider it just a base from which to explore and enjoy the much more diverse attractions of Vancouver.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Cam

I think what Gary is too polite to say Daniella is that Richmond is a big, ugly, flat, strip mall infested place. Very few people choose to live there, but rather end up there because housing prices are so high in Vancouver. Get the heck out of there every morning and see the sites of Vancouver

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:59 AM
sue

daniella,<BR><BR>not sure what your interests are but steveston is a nice place to visit and stroll, if you like to walk you can walk around a dike which is very long. there are 2 main shopping malls, lansdowne, and richmond centre, but if you have a car i agree maybe the 1/2 hour drive to vancouver (especially if you've never been) is quite worth it. enjoy your visit!

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Thor

Daniella: The dike walk is a pleasant way to spend a few hours. Since you have a car, and if you are into nature, the Reifel Sanctuary is not that far away near Ladner. Bring your binoculars, and enjoy a half day walking the trails. You will see some intersting sights. The list of things to do in the other direction, Vancouver, are too numerous to mention here, but if you say what your interests are, some of us might be able to make suggestions.