Search

Restaurant for Canada Day fireworks in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hez
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurant for Canada Day fireworks in Vancouver

I realize most places will already be booked out - but could anyone advise some places to try?

Many Thanks.
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 04:31 PM
dar

Boathouse is the best, probably $$$$ and maybe booked. Otherwise, anything on Robson, Davie, Denman will be great, you can walk after the dinner to the waterfront. The roads will be closed to traffic after about 6:30, so walking rules!
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Hez
Original Poster

Thanks dar - I was able to get a table at 9:45 so we'll be at the restaurant for dinner. I'm lead to believe we will be able to see the fireworks from there. If that's not the case could someone please let me know? Thanks.
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 09:24 AM
dar

Fireworks start at 10pm, and end at 10:25. I'm sure the window seats would be taken - but you can ask. You'll probably be served right when the fireworks start so you'll miss them without a window. It's best to call back and ask how they handle the 25min window of fireworks, i.e. can you order, go on the patio and have drinks then get the food at served 10:30? Sounds like a very late dinner!
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 11:36 AM

I think people are mixing up different fireworks events.

The Canada Day (July 1st) fireworks take place along the Burrard Inlet waterfront - the northern end of downtown.

The HSBC Celebration of Light fireworks competition, the 4 day fireworks festival on the last week of July, first week of August, takes place at English Bay waterfront - the south-western end of downtown.

The Boathouse won't have any views of the Canada Day fireworks. Restaurants that would are likely to be The Mill Marine Bistro, Cardero's, Lift, and perhaps even Aqua Riva.
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Hez
Original Poster

I was wondering why all the restaurants still had available tables! Thanks Carmanah!

I'm thinking maybe trying to combine fireworks and dinner might be a bit too difficult. DH is more interested in the parade anyway.

So... We're staying at Hotel Le Soleil on Hornby. The parade is at 7pm - I imagine until 8 or so. We'll want to get back to the hotel for shower/change. My original plan (prior to finding out about it being Canada Day) was to walk to English Beach for dinner. Is that a reasonable idea? How long, approximately will that take? Is there somewhere other than the Boathouse that would be better? Any other ideas?

Many Thanks!
h.

BTW - the fireworks are at 10:30pm and it's a 20 minute show. http://www.canadadayfireworks.ca/event.aspx
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
dar

Opps, sorry, I had the wrong fireworks! Canada Day fireworks are indeed in a different location as described.