Reload this Page >

Ren.Toronto Hotel Skydome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:50 PM
Denise

Okay, I have seen various messages about this hotel. If I have a husband and 11 year old, who are basball fanatics, should we stay at this hotel at the end of March? I know there aren't games to see in March, but is this hotel an experience? Is it an upscale hotel or a standard hotel? Or should we stay at the Marriott Eaton Centre? Thanks.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:14 PM
Bonnie

The hotel is located in front of the Skydome and you can see into the dome by stepping into their bar area (or getting a room that views the playing field (more expensive). At that time of year tho' you might be looking at a set up for a trade show or a concert. You could get the same view by eating at the Hard Rock Cafe one day. It is located along the same side as the Skydome Hotel. The hotel is located 'next door' to the CN Tower which I'm sure you'll all want to go to if you haven't gone there before. The Marriott Eaton Centre is next to the Eaton Centre where you can shop & eat in an atmosphere that most out-of-towners with teen-agers would like. I don't think that the Marriott E.C. has a great pool tho. Downscale but kid friendly is the Delta Chelsea Inn. Don't think you would get the baseball experience that you are hoping for at the Skydome Hotel.<BR>

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:49 PM
Brian Kilgore

Players stay at the hotel durting the baseball season, so even though they are not there, the kids might like it.<BR><BR>thelocation is on the edge of intereting places; there's nothingmuch to the west. At the Eaton Center Marriott,you are more in the middle of things.<BR><BR>But, depending opn what your plans are, the SkyDome is next to the SkyDome, of course, which is worth a tour. The CN Tower is worth a tour. It's wortth walking down to the harbour f, which is close and easy from the SkyDome Hotel. There are more good restaurants a shorter walk from the SkyDome than from the marriott.<BR><BR>On the other hand, there's better shopping near the Mariott. Subway is closer at the Marriott, but not so far away at the SkyDome as to really matter.<BR><BR>If it was my kid, I'd go to the SkyDome.<BR><BR>BAK

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:02 AM
gail

Call the hotel and find out if the Skydome is open for tours in March. How close to end of March? - Baseball season opens 4/1 or so and the players may be back a few days before then so there may be practice or something like it going on. We found the hotel "an experience" with baseball fan kids, but that was during the season.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 06:50 AM
garyt

Denise - I was one of the bad reports and really need to clarify what happened... there is a certain novelty to staying in one of the stadium view rooms, however they are very far from the field and high above the outfield fences. The room cost included up to six tickets (they sent someone to count us) and the only good view was on the room TV. <BR><BR> We also had to sign an agreement that we would not display "lewd or objectionable" conduct (this is due to a famous incident in one of the rooms during a game). Since it was a family trip, this was not a problem.<BR><BR> On the day of a game or event, those staying at the hotel are restricted from wandering around areas that would allow them access to the event if they haven't purchased that ticket... this was very uncomfortable having security people and ticket takers stopping us several times.<BR><BR> Finally, after the game, the stadium began to clear and someone pulled a false alarm when leaving... it was after midnight, a blaring alarm sounded throughout the stadium and hotel, and an announcement repeated once a minute(in english and french) that we were not to leave our rooms... needless to say, the kids were crying and it put a whole new spin on my $400Cdn hotel stay.<BR><BR>Since that time, I have stayed there two more times (I believe in forgiving). Once when the place was crawling with Backstreet Boy concert fans(Bad night for sleeping), and once during Caribana (we survived). <BR><BR>The ultimate solution came when we changed to the Crowne Plaza one block from the SkyDome. A nicer place without all the additional baggage.