Quebec City - Hotel Acadia

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:32 PM
Susan

Quebec City - Hotel Acadia

Hi - does anyone know anything about this property? Or about the night train from Halifax to Quebec City? If possible, PLEASE e-mail your reply yo me at [email protected], Susan

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 10:14 AM
sandra

Susan, I've sent you an email and also Posted an answer to your other post.

Sandra

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Susan

Thanks Sandra! Seems like it's an ok place to stay...how important do you think it is for 1st-time visiters to stay inside the walls????? Susan

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Sandra

Susan,
We liked staying inside the walls because we put our cars away in a garage and never took them out - but we did have our bicycles and biked thru the Plains of Abraham park and part of the Citadel on our way out to Montmorency Falls.
Inside the walls is quaint - cobblestone streets, little alley ways, flower boxes and sidewalk cafe's. But the area outside was charming also - we walked to the Parliment Building and the main street called Allee (I think) had lots of sidewalk cafe's and of course the flowers. So I guess I'd say if you were close to the walled city it would be ok. to stay outside. Also don't forget Lower Town which is below the Upper Town (the walled part). Its on a lower level but is also very charming with a few streets that are pedestrian only with lovely shops, flowers etc. Lots of outdoor entertainment there. There's a building with a wonderful mural on the side - be sure and find it. There is a Funicular that for about $1 you ride between upper and lower towns or you can walk down some very steep streets. We usually walked down and took the funicular up. So if your thinking of staying in Lower Town that would be very convinient also.

Enjoy your trip...
Sandra

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Susan

Thanks for the info Sandra.

The Acadia is marked as a 3-star property, but it looks really neat. Is 3-star in Canada the same as 3-star in Europe?