Priceline for Whistler

Search

Priceline for Whistler

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priceline for Whistler

Has anyone ever used priceline for Whistler? I noticed that unlike vancouver, where people can selecte which region they want, people can't designate where in whistler(i.e. the village, north, or creekside) they want to be at. Where are most people placed in terms of the hotel chain or the general regiona and what is a reasonable price for a bid?
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 08:36 AM
ALF

When I've used Priceline in a city, I have had the option of selecting a region, which, compared to Whistler, is a large area (i.e. Boston Back Bay). From Priceline's viewpoint, its all one region, even though you might want to be in walking distance to the lifts.

I've not had much luck with Priceline at Whistler. We've tried them (and Hotwire), but the resulting prices were similar to what we could get from online brokers, such as Allura (www.alluradirect.com/whistler/). Maybe you can get better deals this year because the season has been so bad. Close to 3' of snow in the last week though!
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 10:43 AM

Hi,

The local sources in Whistler have better inventory and often, prices. If you are within the Whistler Village area, Village North - not Creekside - then, you are within walking distance of both Whistler and Blackcomb lifts. It is all an easy walk on either good sidewalks or a pedestrian zone (no cars)through Whistler. There are 2 entrances and sides to Whistler.... Creekside is south of Whistler about 10 minutes by car or bus and is an older part of the area. The most dining and lodging options are in Whistler Village, at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. That's the place to be!

Best Regards,
Julia
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 12:14 PM

Last month at some point I researched Priceline for a friend who wanted a room for just one night, on an odd Tuesday.

I concluded that the savings that people were getting just weren't significant enough to warrant using Priceline with its many restrictions, for such a thing.

Go to www.biddingfortravel.com to find data about which hotels in Whistler, BC have accepted Priceline bids, and info about what amount they were.

Old Mar 28th, 2005, 01:16 PM
ALF

I just went onto Hotwire and found a room for US $62 per night, during the Telus Festival (week of April 11). As with Hotwire, they don't reveal location until you book - just say Whistler Village/North Village.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

I am wondering what hotel and star rating you got for a price of 62?
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 06:10 AM
ALF

Well, I didn't actually get it - still thinking. It was a 3-star location.