PLAYDIUM

Dec 31st, 1969, 04:00 PM
Ana

Kim
How extraordinary this fixation with washclothes. I've seen a lot of posts on the subject but I still don't get it.
I use the disposable face wipes, and they work fine. For body use, plain old water and soap does it for me.
Ditto on the ziplocks - all sizes.

Keep a travel journal-its amazing how much can be "forgotten".
Learn some of the language.
NEVER go AI in the Caribbean.
Find out all you can about the country before going- by going onto Fodors everyday for months beforehand.
Buy sleeping tablets at Bangkok airport for a much easier flight home.
Lewis

Saw a good #11 recently
When you pack, put some of your clothes in her suitcase and vice versa, just in case 1 of the suit cases gets lost, you'll at least have some clothes to wear.

Melissajoy

lynn, thanks for posting your top ten tips for us travellers to read! I have to go now but will have to return later to read the rest of the postings that follow after your tips! When I return from my first trip to Italy in June with my family, I will post some too! What a fun idea (and useful too.)

joy

Thanks for the list. Why was going first class on Eurostar worth it??

Also, did you get your ticket in advance and where did you find the best price?

upupup

- ttt -

top gun

PLAYDIUM

Top!

Mar 22nd, 2000, 12:09 PM
KATHY

Hi all,
I saw an advertisement that they were opening
a Playdium in downtown Toronto in the spring. Has this opened yet? If not does anyone know when it will?

Thanks,
Kathy

Mar 22nd, 2000, 03:38 PM
Elizabeth

Yes, it's open - at Richmond and John Streets.

Mar 22nd, 2000, 08:15 PM
Kathy

Thank you, I'll have to get out my map to see exactly where this is. We are staying at a hotel near union station.

Mar 26th, 2000, 07:52 PM
Brian Kilgore

John Street runs straight north from the CN Tower and the east side of SkyDome. Walking north, you start at Front Street, and then Wellington, King, Adelaide (there's Pearl, but it's too small to count; my office is at John and Adelaide)and then half way up the nextblock,you are at the Paladium building, which also houses a giant book store and a multi-screen movie theatre.
BAK

Jun 21st, 2000, 05:57 AM
KATHY

Hi,
One more question about Playdium. The kids really want to got there, but video games are not my thing. Is there anything else there besides video games?
Thanks,
Kathy

Jun 23rd, 2000, 08:35 AM
Cindy

What is playdium? I'll be in Toronto July 1-4 with two eleven year old girls. Should we squeeze this into our schedule?

Jun 23rd, 2000, 10:38 AM
KATHY

Playdium has a web site. the web address is www.playdium.com. It is a huge video game arcade. So I'm sure the girls will love it. As far as what else it has I couldn't tell you. I haven't been there yet. Will someone who has been there please enlighten us.

Thanks,
Kathy

Jun 23rd, 2000, 02:24 PM
Lidija

There is a Playdium here in Vancouver where i live and its just video games, or those simulated ski over the hills, kick the soccer ball kind of games. I just walked through the place and that was enough for me as i'm not into video games.

Jul 5th, 2000, 10:16 PM
sue

I'm not in to video games but did spend a good hour in the Playdium. The staff are all very knowledgable and can explain the games to you. It's not my top thing in the world to do but I suggest for a first timer to buy a card by the hour and then you can learn a game or two.

Jul 11th, 2000, 09:01 AM
KATHY

Thanks Linda and Sue. I was in Toronto last week. The kids, who are 11 and 15, loved Playdium. Even I was impressed by it. As you said the staff is really helpful. Also it is not your average video game arcade. Yes it has video games, but there is so much more. I highly recommend anyone with kids to go there! The kids will love it, and you might too.

Thanks,
Kathy

Search this Thread