Reload this Page >

Places you would go back to visit, or not, in Canada

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 09:34 AM
Thor

The American site has asked this question, so why not get some responses from travellers in Canada. I will start it off. I would definitely revist most sites in the Canadian Rockies minus Banff. Also, P.E.I. in the summer, the B.C. Ferry run from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert, Victoria, and the Coast of Labrador, ( a terrible beauty!). Places I wouldn't return to include: Niagara Falls, Northern Ontario, and Regina.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 11:15 AM
Brian Kilgore

It depends a bit on how far you have to travel, and where you are travelling from. Ilive in Toronto, and think Niagara Falls is worth two visits a year. But it only takes me a couple of hours to do this. Similarly, Regina's a gret place to visit if you are starting off in Swift Current. <BR>Vancouver is worth a visit a year; Yellowknife is worth one visit in your lifetime; Montreal is worth one visit every five, Quebec City every ten, a cottage on an island in Georgian Bay once a year. <BR>BAK

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 12:15 PM
Bob Brown

My favorite spot in the Rockies is Yoho National Park closely followed by the Icefields Parkway all the way to Jasper. <BR>I am not in running to drive around the Gaspe again.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 08:52 PM
April

The Rockies are tops in my book. Prince Rupert comes to mind as a place I wouldn't be in a hurry to revisit.

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 07:52 AM
Robyn

Tofino/west coast of Vancouver Island... I can't get enough of that place!

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 11:52 AM
Bob Brown

For specific places, there are 3 I enjoyed greatly and hope to return. <BR>Butchart Gardens near Victoria <BR>The Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology in Drumheller, Alberta <BR>Chute Montmorency near Quebec City. <BR>

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 01:08 PM
Brian in Atlanta

We love Toronto and try to get back every year or two. <BR> <BR>Recently went to Montreal and while we definitely enjoyed ourselves, I don't think we'll go back as there are too many other places to see first (like Vancouver and Quebec City).

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 05:22 PM
Michael

We fell in love with Cape Breton Island <BR>in Nova Scotia and have returned again & again in the summer. The area around Ingonish Beach is.....breathtaking, <BR>inspiring, beautiful.....

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 03:16 PM
Anne

Gosh, I'd go back to just about anyplace in Canada except maybe Calgary and Ottawa. I love PEI, Nova Scotia, Banff, Vancouver, Toronto and Quebec City. I really enjoy Niagara Falls too. It was great to see in the summer time and the winter time - my goodness what a difference. I love staying in St Jacobs County in Ontario, the quilts are incredible, I love the stores and I love the strawberry farms and that fresh corn. <BR>What a wonderful country. <BR> <BR>Anne in Australia

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Dave

This summer we are going to Niagara-on-the-Lake for the fourth time - Shaw Festival.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 10:14 AM
Bill

Well I have returned many times to Toronto and Montreal and Quebec City and love them all. I would like to revisit Victoria and I also greatly enjoyed Ottawa and want to return. Haven't been to the Maritimes yet but want to. Also the Rockies and area are on my list. I love Canada - it is great country to visit.

Old May 4th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Mal

Hi: PEI and Nova Scotia in the fall, Quebec City, Calgary in the summer, especially during the Stampede.

Old May 5th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Daniel Williams

I would return again and again to Montreal, Quebec City and Toronto for sure. Particularly Montreal--I lived in Montreal for 5 years and couldn't get enough of it...had to leave for my career but I felt like I was dragged away when it was time to go! Montreal and QC are magical places that I could not but help fall in love with. Toronto's fun, diverse and dynamic with amazing restaurants and cultural opportunities. I can see myself in Ottawa again as well, which despite its governmental feel, does have a tangible charm to my eyes. <BR> <BR>I don't think I'll be going back to Chicoutimi or Niagara Falls again. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 5th, 2001, 02:53 PM
Sonia

As an immigrant from Europe I love the Canadian nature... I would go back to Whistler and ski or hike in the summer. Get info at www.whistler-blackcomb.com for that region. Golf at Furry Creek was very memorable! <BR>Vancouver is also one of my favorite places, I loved Granville Island and the hiking on the North Shore and Stanley Park. Great information on Vanocuver can be found at www.vancouver.com, I loved the ski ride to Grouse Mountain and the drive along Spanish Banks!

Old May 7th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Kevin

Brian, you must be joking about Regina!

Old May 9th, 2001, 07:04 AM
Island Girl

We've been in every province except Nfld, and would love to get there in the next couple of years. The only place I wouldn't go back to is the Okanagan Valley/Kelowna. It wasn't what I expected. The places I would love to go back to are Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Cape Breton, Quebec City, and Halifax. Kenora, ON is very charming as well. We live in Alberta, or I'd say the Rockies...they are my second love after the ocean.

Old May 10th, 2001, 02:21 PM
jhm

Hmm. Has no one mentioned Winnipeg?

Old May 20th, 2001, 07:20 PM
tony k.

Love Quebec City and liked Montreal.I would, however,NEVER return to the Gaspe Peinsula. people are rude and 90% of the time the place is fogged out. We were very dissapointed, drove from around boston, ma. to be treated very rudely. Unlike Quebec City, the food there(Gaspe) is lousy.

Old May 21st, 2001, 12:10 AM
Kanaka

A place that I will never tire of visiting again and again is Lake O'Hara in Yoho National Park. When I am overdosed on the Middle East conflict or crime in the cities or commuting busy highways, this is the place where I chill out and remind myself that there are places of "beauty" and tranquility on this earth....

Old May 21st, 2001, 10:01 AM
Margie

Where would you stay in Quebec City? Is anyone familiar with Hotel Dominion 1912? Is the Hotel Frontenac worth the price?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -