Places to eat along the Icefield Parkway

Old Jan 31st, 2003, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Places to eat along the Icefield Parkway

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to the Canadian Rockies in the last week of June. We plan on taking a full day (8-9 hours), and stop on the way while driving along the Icefield Parkway. I was wondering if there are any places to eat on the way, or should we pack something with us. Also, I should mention that I don't eat meat, which limits my choices. Would appreciate feedback from all of you. Thanks!<BR><BR>Kathy
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 01:47 PM

I cannot help you on the meatless menu choices, but the Crossing has a restaurant as does the Icefields Center. <BR><BR>
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 11:47 PM
mtm

I haven't gotten to try it personally, as our trip had to be cancelled last minute, last year. But, I had researched a lot, to make our trip different from the one we did there 7 years before. Found a place, we intended to stop at...Check out the Num-ti-Jah Lodge, about 35 miles north of the Lake Louise area. Might be too close to Lake Louise if that's where you'll be the night before. However, if staying in Banff or Canmore, stopping at the Num-ti-Jah Lodge, might be a reasonable place to stop. Heard it has nice meals &amp; some lodge atmosphere. Check out this posting on Fodor's from 2001 regarding it (from someone else): <BR>Message: we vacationed in banff/jasper in march of 1999 and between the road stopped at a lovely lodge for a light early dinner - the dinner, as i recall was good and not as expensive as the place looked but it was the location, views of the glacier and atmosphere that drew us to this place - here's the directions off their web site, it's a nice stop for lunch between jasper and banff: <BR>Num-Ti-Jah Lodge overlooks one of the most dramatic scenes in the Canadian Rockies. Out of Bow Lake the mountains rise steep and rugged. The blue ice of Crowfoot Glacier hangs suspended over the turquoise water. To the west, the craggy peaks of the Great Divide tower over Bow Glacier. <BR><BR>Num-Ti-Jah Lodge is located 40 kilometres north of Lake Louise on Highway 93 in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. A three hour drive from the Calgary International Airport. <BR><BR><BR>