Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Difficult time finding a room in quebec city!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2000, 06:53 PM
lena

My husband and I are planning a trip to Quebec City in mid September (18th-22nd). We have tried to book a room at the popular hotels (Chateau Frontenac, Le Dominion, St. Pierre) but everything is booked. Do hotels book way in advance? Is it possible to get last minute deals due to cancellations? It looks like we will have to stay at either the Hilton or the Loews. Any thoughts on these? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 05:10 AM
dougd

Try for a bed and breakfast on St. Ursaline street. They are very quaint, inexpensive, and a lot more fun than a sterile hotel! There should be a web site for Quebec B&B's

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 06:15 AM
Ross

Try the Hotel Belley or the Hotel Priori.

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 05:26 AM
elaine

lena, <BR> <BR>We had double booked reservations for our upcoming trip to Quebec City. Our reservations were at Dominion (which you mention is booked) and Auberge St.-Pierre. St. Pierre got good reports from others who have stayed. Their toll-free number is: <BR>(888) 268-1017. Location is on same street as Hotel Dominion, and includes breakfast. Rates are identical to Dominion. Auberge St.-Pierre has a website. Hope this helps. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 07:14 AM
elaine

lena, <BR> <BR>Was reading your post too quickly and did not realize you tried to book St. Pierre. <BR>If you secure accomodation and it has good cancellation policy, you may want to try the hotels you've mentioned. Think many folks change their plans at the last minute.

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 06:46 PM
maria

Lena, <BR> <BR>Use your search engine to find the Quebec city tourist sites, there are two very good ones that have lots of internet links to lots of hotels in Quebec. I saw your post and recognized that our trip to Quebec was planned for the weekend after yours so I quickly found several places that appeared to be what we were looking for and booked no problem. Maybe there is a special festival or something that weekend, the sites also have calendars that should help you , too. Maria

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 04:22 AM
martha

See if you can reserve a room using the internet. We just got back from Quebec City and ended up having to do that in order to get a room. <BR> <BR>We stayed at Lowe's Le Concorde which is not in the old part of town. <BR> <BR>You might also want to check the hotels just behind the Frontenac on St. Terasse and those areas. Avoid staying on St. Louis which is one of the main (noisy) streets in the old part of town.