Reload this Page >

Aux Anciens Canadiens

Search

Aux Anciens Canadiens

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Sandy

Aux Anciens Canadiens

I picked this restaurant + L'Initial and le Continental for our 3 days in Quebec. Does anyone have anything good to say about these choices, or should I rethink the whole thing?<BR>Thanks, Sandy

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Robert Carlson

I have been there. The fondue was good!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Doug

I've been to Aux Anciens Canadiens once and I was not too impressed, it was just ok. But that's just my opinion. I've read posts from other people on this forum who liked that restaurant. I think the important thing is to look at the menu outside restaurants and decide if the food and decor are appealing. Good luck.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Valerie

I love this restaurant! I have heard people say that it doesn't live up to it's hype, but I think the food is very good. It does have a crowded eating area, but the maple syrup pie with cream on top is to die for.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Sheri

We went to Quebec City for 8 days last Sept. and ate everywhere (and everything). The food everywhere was great, we tried Maire Clarisse, Restaurant Au Parmeasan the buffet at the Loews hotel (wonderful) and several restarants on St. Louis near Aux Aux Anciens Canadiens, but Anciens was the one we came back to twice. We loved the decor in the different rooms, the fact that it was such an old house and more importantly the food was good with a varity of items you did not see in other places. The table d'hote, early dinner was an especially great value. ENJOY.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 07:11 PM
Bill

Hi Sandy: Just returned from Quebec. Ate in Aux Anciens and was not impressed with the food-considered it to be "average". I woudn't go back.