Reload this Page >

Ottawa with young teenagers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Rita

I am taking my two nieces to Ottawa (both aged twelve) at the end of July and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company that offers a guided historical bike tour of the city? I also have not been able to find any information on boat tours on the Rideau Canal -- are there any? <BR> <BR>Any other suggestions for on things to do for two young teenagers? No accomodation needs as we are already booked into the Chateau Laurier.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 04:40 AM
Vince

I don't know anything about bike tours and other activities for teenagers, but I remember seeing that www.grayline.ca offers Ottawa boat tours as part of city tour. Check out their website.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 04:53 AM
ron

Here is the website for bike rental/tours: http://www.cyberus.ca/~rentabike/ <BR> <BR>There are 3 boat tour companies: Paul's Boat Lines which offers tours on the Rideau Canal, another company that offers tours on the Ottawa River and an Amphibus tour company that offers a combination land/river tour. It is impassable to walk a block in down town without having brochures on these tours offered to you.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 07:50 AM
rita

Wow, you guys are fast! Thanks for the information I'll check it out. <BR> <BR>One more question, what would you suggest for evening entertainment. Any plays or shows?

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 01:18 PM
ron

re plays & shows, check out Blood on the Moon at the National Arts Centre, "In his multi-character show, Ottawa playwright and actor Pierre Brault portrays the trial and execution of James Patrick Whelan for the assassination of Thomas D'Arcy McGee". <BR> <BR>This is about a significant historical event in 1870's Ottawa, it was the last public hanging in Ottawa, the Carleton County Gaol where it took place still exists as a youth hostel and Whelan's ghost still haunts the place. More info about the play at www.nac-cna.ca. <BR> <BR>The chamber musicfest is on in late July, but I'm guessing that would be of no interest to young teens. The Busker Festival, on Sparks Street, would likely be of interest, but doesn't start 'til August 2. <BR>