Reload this Page >

Best way to go from Vancouver to Victoria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Maria

Is The Pacific Coach Line the best way to go from Vancouver to Victoria?<BR>I don't have a car and I don't want to waste time.<BR>Thanks for any information.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Daniel

If you don't want to waste time and are willing to pay for it, take the helijet helicopter service. It leaves regularly from the waterfront in downtown Vancouver and goes to the downtown harbour in Victoria. The flight is 30 minutes and gives a lovely view of the islands en route. It is around $90 CAD each direction.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 12:40 PM
gary

There are also two airlines that fly Haurbor to Haurbour, West Coast Air and Haurbor Air. They fly twin engine planes that seat about 35 people and it costs about $75CAD each way. I'm still nervous about helicopters so I prefer the planes. You know, if the engines stop for some reason a plane can glide but a helicopter.....

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Artemis

Depends what you call "wasting time." Many people would consider the PCL bus and ferry quite a nice trip (esp. the ferry part). And it isn't *that* long -- less than 3 hours from downtown to downtown. And *much* cheaper than helijet or seaplane.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 10:40 PM
April

Or you could have the best of both worlds - take the float plane one way and the bus/ferry the other.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 03:06 PM
Lynn

Just came back and I did the PCL to victoria. Very niceLoved the ferry ride<BR>Lynn