Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia or Quebec City?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 05:01 AM
Pamela

My husband and I are thinking of going to either Nova Scotia or Quecbec City for vacation in August. We are not beach people and can only stand to go to one or two museum type places. Which place has more to do sights and attraction wise? We will be going for about a week.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 08:19 AM
xxx

My mother went to Canada last year on vacation. She enjoyed Nova Scotia, but loved Quebec City. She can't wait to get back to Quebec.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 09:49 AM
jp

hi there,<BR><BR>you're actually comparing a whole province to one city.<BR><BR>That being said, quebec city is outstanding!! lots of history, shopping, great food etc. it has a very european feeling. although, i don't know if it would keep you busy for a week....there are probably lots of great places to visit around quebec city too though. lots of villages to hunt for antiques etc.<BR><BR>Nova scotia is a fantastic province with lots to see and do especially in the summer. there's theatre, restaurants, historical sites, golf, cape breton is beautiful and there's great seafood, if you like seafood.<BR><BR>have you checked out websites on either?<BR><BR>here's the NS site - http://explore.gov.ns.ca/<BR><BR>and Quebec City - http://www.quebecweb.com/tourisme/quebec/villequebec/introang.html<BR><BR>hope that helps.<BR>jp

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 08:45 AM
judi hartlin

Being from NS I hate to say it but you might enjoy Quebec better - from the sounds of your post. NS is awesome in the summer but has a lot more "scenic outdoor activities". Halifax is great (I live here!) but I have also been to Quebec City and there is a lot more to see and do - especially if you're not into too many museums.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:42 PM
Andre

If you come in Quebec City, you will discover a littler bit of Paris. Good restaurants <BR> <BR>Au Revoir!!