niagra/toronto

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
niagra/toronto

We are planning a short trip to Niara,Toronto the week proir to Easter.Coming from Philly area, 2 nights in Niagra - 1 in Toronto. Plan to stay at either Hilton or Marriot in Niagra and looking at either Westin or Inn at the Park in Toronto. Have 3 kids age 10, 8 & 2. In Toronto wanted to visit Science Center and CN Tower. Any thoughts or recomendations for either destination? Thanks
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 04:03 AM
PLJ

Just a small point ... the correct spelling is "Niagara".
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:54 AM

Very littlel to do in Niagara Falls, other than see the Falls (and maybe a wax museum). Consider one night in NF and two in Toronto, where's there's obviously more to see and do.

Science Centre is a good choice. It's not really near anything else of great interest, but is accessable by public transit. The CN Tower is right downtown so it's walking distance from the core.

The Inn on the Park hotel is very close to the Science Centre, but not close to anything else, so to get into the city core you'd be facing some longish transit rides. Still, it's a very reliable hotel if you prefer something in a quieter setting, it's a good choice. For downtown alternatives, the Meridian King Edward is higher-end, but always seems to be running weekend specials that are farily reasonable. A mid-range hotel downtown would be the Colony, behind City Hall.

Since you're travelling with kids, consider the Toronto Zoo, which is outstanding. Also, Harbourfront usuallly has events oriented toward kids on holiday weekends, and it's usually busy and energetic (and generally a nice way to pass an afternoon). Easy to get there: Head to Queen's Quay or York Quay Terminals, which are west of Yonge Street along the lake. There's a direct streetcar from Union Station.

Have fun.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 08:47 AM

I just got back today from the Hilton in Niagara Falls and I loved every second of it. The pool is amazing for the kids and they also have family suites . My advice is to stay there when in Niagara Falls. The Marriot's pool doesn't even compare to the Hiltons.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 08:53 AM
JMM

I would also suggest the Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls.
In Toronto, The Royal Ontario Museum has some exhibits the kids would like (for example Dinosaur exhibit).
I would also recommend the Zoo.