Reload this Page >

Niagara on the Lake visit

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 08:10 AM
Miriam

I'm planning a visit to NOTL in June. I really do not like to stay at Bed and Breakfasts, but the only place available for the 4 night stay is Old Bank House Inn. Could I get some comments about this Inn? Thanks

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 06:22 PM
Debs

Miriam-Check out their website at www.oldbankhouse.com. The B&B is directly across from Queen's Royal Park and Lake Ontario, and is about a 2 block from from Queen St. Very convenient to everything. We were in NOTL about 3 weeks ago, and the B&B appeared to be closed while undergoing renovations-looks like they were adding on to the place. Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay later this year.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 11:08 PM
Kat

There's more than just B&B's in NOTL, here are a few to check out: <BR> <BR>http://www.niagaraonthelake.com/ (official tourism site) <BR> <BR>the Anchorage <BR>niagaraonthenet.com/anchorage <BR> <BR>Oban Inn <BR>www.vintageinns.com <BR> <BR>Pillar & Post <BR>www.vintageinns.com <BR> <BR>Prince of Wales Hotel <BR>www.vintageinns.com <BR> <BR>Queen's Landing <BR>www.vintageinns.com <BR> <BR>Royal Park Hotel <BR>tourismniagara.com/royalpark <BR> <BR>South Landing Inn <BR>tourismniagara.com/southlanding <BR> <BR>Victorian Suites Inn <BR>www.victoriansuitesinn.com <BR> <BR>White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa <BR>www.tourismniagara.com/whiteoaks <BR>

Old May 4th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Miriam

Thank you Kat for all the NOTL websites. I think I have tried all of these, but the only place available for the 4 nights we are there is Old Bank House. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Old May 10th, 2001, 09:40 PM
Kat

Sure hope you enjoy your trip!

Old May 12th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Bonnie

Do you have to stay right in NOTL for the full 4 days? There is accomodation at the Vineland Estates Vineyard as well as some of the neighbouring vineyards.

Old May 13th, 2001, 04:37 PM
Brian Kilgore

It seems to me, just in passing, that 4 nights in Niagara on the Lake to probably two nights too many, unless you have a really good reason to be there. <BR> <BR>Just a thought.... <BR> <BR>BAK

Old May 14th, 2001, 06:49 AM
Miriam

Brian, now I am wondering if 4 nights is too much. Have never been there. We're in Toronto for several full days and then taking the train from Toronto to Niagara Falls and are considering travel as one day. We want to tour every winery possible. Have been to Napa Valley and loved doing that. Hope this is similar. Want to go to Shaw Theatres and then also do all the things in Niagara Falls too. We will have a car. Any other comments will be appreciated.

Old May 14th, 2001, 10:12 AM
Joan

I agree with your thought about too much NOTL. The wineries are not as diverse, as large or as glamourous as the Napa Valley experience, my husband and I have done both. 2 nights should pretty much wear out the charms of this town and environs, unless you are also a theatre buff and into George Bernard Shaw while the Shaw festival is on. NOTL is pretty but very small and "cutesy". You'd be better off extending your Toronto trip or venturing up to Muskoka for a couple of days IMHO.

Old May 20th, 2001, 01:17 AM
Sefe

I think NOTL for 4 days is all right, actually - but you have to know where to go... <BR> <BR>The Bank is great, the proprietors are a Serbian couple who are delightful and very classy. <BR> <BR>Do breakfast at the golf course one day (this is where the locals hang out...) and have drinks at the Angel Inn (they have a fountain in the ladies washroom - a cherub - if you touch it's leaf the front door bell goes off...) have dinner on the patio at Queen's landing and go for afternoon tea at the Prince of Wales. <BR> <BR>To the best of my knowledge the b & b at vineland is closed and it's too isolated... <BR> <BR>Do a show, see the Chateau des Charmes, walk along the parkway, check out the galleries, go to Fort George. <BR> <BR>I would recommend trying the hotels again for reservations, four hotels are at www.vintageinns.com - Pillar, Oban, Prince and Queens and it's toll free 1800-361-6645 - you can go on a waiting list... <BR> <BR>Check out the new Peller estates also...lovely! <BR> <BR>enjoy <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 21st, 2001, 03:05 PM
anne

Agree with last poster. There are plenty of things to do to fill 4 days in NOL. Don't miss the Shaw .. if you check as soon as you arrive there should be seats available or at least rush seats for some good shows. Wineries aren't as developed yet as CA or NY but still well worth the drive through the country. We only live an hour away and manage to spend at least 3 days each summer there without getting bored. Even strolling the back streets is enjoyable. Relax, savour and smell the roses!

Old May 21st, 2001, 03:33 PM
Dave

We just came back yesterday from 3 nights at NOTL. This is our fourth year, this time with 2 other couples. We had a great time. We stayed at the Lakewinds, a BandB on Queen St, four blocks from the town, well within walking distance. Good rooms and breakfasts, not cheap, hard to get. We saw 4 plays: Picnic, The Millionairess, The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Laura. All were good to great, with excellent acting. Had two good, one fair dinner. <BR> <BR>Previously we went to the Welland Canal, Niagra Falls, and a winery. <BR> <BR>The best is to go with others and keep busy with plays.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 08:13 AM
Miriam

Thank you so much for all your response to NOTL. I am getting so excited about going. Have never been to the theatres, but know we will enjoy them. I have read there are a lot of things to do in Niagara Falls also, so I really am not worried about being bored. Thanks again!