Reload this Page >

Niagara Falls/Toronto

Search

Niagara Falls/Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 07:43 AM
Karyn

Niagara Falls/Toronto

We are leaving Saturday to spend 2 weeks in NF and Toronto. Am not sure what kind of clothes to pack. Shorts for day? Is it cold there at night? Any help would be appreciated.

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 08:18 AM
elizabeth

Hi Karyn - the weather is really changeable right now - this past weekend it was blazing hot and humid but today I'm back in a sweater and there's a frost warning up north! (Thank you, Global warming!) <BR> <BR>In all likelihood shorts will be fine for during the day, just be sure to bring things you can layer and a windbreaker type of coat. <BR> <BR>Hope you enjoy your stay! <BR>

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 06:53 PM
Donna

We're leaving Friday for a week. I'm taking everything - layers galore. The 10-day forecast I've been checking predicts 70's and partly cloudy during the day. Shorts are fine at the Falls. But, in Toronto, which is obviously a city, everyone is a bit more formal. Do hope you are planning to visit Niagara-on-the-Lake...

Old Jun 21st, 1999, 05:21 PM
Joe

Donna... What's the difference between <BR>the Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake? We're planning a trip in July and still looking for attractions for 2 year olds to adults! Thanks

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 07:35 PM
Brian Kilgore

Niagara Falls, of course, has the falls. it also has some great greenhouses and a butterfuly conservatory and the Maid of the Mist boat that goes to the bottomof the falls. But the rest of Niagara Falls (the city) is pretty tacky, with wax museums and video arcades and blazing neon. <BR>Niagara on the Lake is famous for its live theatre, and is fancier, more upmarket, has nicer stores and laws forbidding neon. A good fort for kids to vist, so it's not too dull for them, too. You can get to both easily, and thedrive between the two is along the banks of the Niagara River. NontheLake is famous for wineries, too. <BR> <BR>RE 2-year olds <BR>The best attraction in Toronto for 2 year olds is the Childrens Own Museum, next door to the Royal Ontario Museum. The kids museum is great for kids from 2 to about 6 or 7. <BR>BAK <BR>BAK <BR>