Niagara Falls in October

Search

Niagara Falls in October

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niagara Falls in October

DH and I are going to Toronto soon and we are taking an overnight side trip to the Falls, then staying at Niagara on the Lake and touring the wine country. We are thinking that we don't want to do a boat tour of the Falls and get sopping wet this time of year. I have read about the Journey Behind the Falls and the Whitewater Walk. Would we get good views without getting super drenched on those tours? TIA for your help!
Old Sep 29th, 2019, 02:30 PM

Maid of the Mist and Hornblower tours provide rain ponchos and inside viewing as they ride you into the Horseshoe Falls... this is a must see tour...
Journey Behind the Falls allows you to see the back of the Falls through a tunnel...no big deal...
White water walk is an elevator ride to a path below the Falls... Rapids not Falls.
Take one of the boat tours... you won't get soaked...

if you want any recommendations on Niagara on the Lake, I will check back...
Old Sep 29th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Gary. We have lodgings at Niagra on the Lake. We will probably see Fort George and the Laura Secord (sp??) home. We may prioritize winery visits over those, however. We are renting a car in the morning at the Toronto airport, after having been there for a few days, then driving to Niagara Falls. Will stay the night and then our plane leaves Toronto the next day at 5:00 ish so we have to be at the airport at 3:00. So it's really only a half day for the second day.