Niagara Canada Lion Safari

Jul 24th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Niagara Canada Lion Safari

Has anyone been to the Lion Safari? Going to Niagara for a few days and wondering if it is worth the drive out and the cost. Did anyone take one of their safari busses? Is it a regular type bus filled with a ton of people or private cars you can rent to drive through yourself?
thanks!!!
Jul 24th, 2006, 06:47 AM

Are you inquiring about Marineland or the African Lion Safari in Cambridge?
Jul 24th, 2006, 08:59 AM
BAK

It's not a city-type bus and not a highway-type bus.

My son, wife and I all think it is a wonderful place. There's a water play area for kids, and someone here a while ago said it appeals to smaller kids, rather than teenagers.

BAK
Jul 24th, 2006, 11:11 AM

One suggestion I got from someone (I will confess that I haven't actually been there myself, so feel free to take this with a grain of salt) was that it's a lot safer to take their safari bus rather than driving your own car. They have monkeys running around who seem to enjoy pulling windshield wipers off cars and making various other kinds of mischief. The buses are quite comfortable and air-conditioned, from what I've been told.
Jul 24th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Last night on AFV they showed a safari drive through with monkeys pulling details off of the car ahead of them... might need to go with the safari bus. Thanks for the info. Think it might be just right for our kids ages.
Thanks!
Jul 25th, 2006, 10:07 AM

Its worth the drive to the safari about 1 1/2 hours. Nice drive thru the niagara wineries and then the steel mills of hamilton. The splash pad is and excellnet break in between viewing the animals. I have driven thru in my own vehichle a few times know and never had a scratch.
Jul 25th, 2006, 01:10 PM

Ah, the 'to drive or not to drive' question. Used to take my kids to ALS and they loved it. I always drove my own car, last trip the monkeys pulled some side molding off my car. Now I want to take my 3 year-old granddaughter and my husband is flipping out about the car! The safari bus is (or was) a small school bus type vehicle, not nearly as much fun as having control of your own car in my opinion. Think I'll borrow my son's car if I go!! It's definitely worth a visit.
Aug 7th, 2006, 01:39 PM

Thought it was worthwhile letting anyone else know how haveag8day made out:

<<LION SAFARI:

We were running late and didn't get up until the afternoon so only had a few hours but we loved it. We drove our own car through the safari (yes the baboons got our window seal) but we all agreed it was so much more fun than if we took the bus. We could go at our own pace and take as many pictures as we wanted. Our son thought it was fantastic and will be something he remembers and that was the point. We laughed so hard. It was fun! We then got to see an elephant show which my husband said was the best he had ever seen. only 8 minutes but good. Interesting animals to look at. Play area for kids. Rode the little train and the boat around the animal areas. We loved it.
If you go..make sure to go early so you can take advantage of all there is to do with the shows and the play area, etc. We only got to be there a few hours but still enjoyed ourselves and it was worth the money.>>>>