need help in planning 1st time trip to Montreal and Quebec City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning to visit these 2 cities in September. I will be using public transportation to go from 1 city to the other . I will be staying in each city for about 3-4 days. I am using a discount coupon for my stay in Montreal at the Saint Suplice. I need recommendations as to a hotel in Quebec City. I would like to stay in the old section of the city. A great bed and breakfast would be fine. I would like a 2-4 star hotel or bed and breakfast.
Also how long is the bus or train trip from Montreal to Quebec City
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am a woman travelling alone .
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 03:08 PM

I just got back from traveling to Montreal, Quebec City, and Tadoussac with my teenage son and 20 year old daughter. We stayed at this B&B in Quebec City which I would highly recommend. (http://www.bbcanada.com/2055.html?showpage=1) The location was inside the walls and close to everything. I felt totally safe in all three places and often went out by myself (kids went their own ways also at times). I drove from Montreal to Quebec City and it took about 3 hours.
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 06:50 AM

Last year we stayed at the Manoir de l'esplanade in the old city.Very nice breakfast included.Paul
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 09:17 AM

Our train trip between Montreal and Quebec City took nearly 3½ hours one way and closer to 3 hours the other.

It's pricey but the Auberge Saint-Antoine in the lower town was wonderful. Room had a patio and heated bathroom floors. Nearby, the Le Cochon Dingue serves up cheap breakfasts on weekdays.

We absolutely loved Quebec City. I was with my husband but think I would feel very safe there on my own.
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 05:25 AM

Just wandering the old town in both locations is a treat in itself, but when you are in Montreal,take the Metro and go to Jean Tallon market.It has its own Metro stop. It is a fantastic place and really brings out the ethnic nature of the community. Well worth a morning's visit
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your help. I have contacted some of the hotels that were mentioned on this page and I am awaiting answers.
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 07:54 PM

Hi tdk -- click on my name and read my recent little trip report called "A short report on a long weekend: Quebec City". There are some good suggestions in there, many of them offered to us by fodorites.