Reload this Page >

Narrowing down Vancouver Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Les

I have a week to spend on Vancouver Island this summer, and I'm overwhelmed about where to stay. We'd like to go to one spot and stay, but which spot? Parksville area? Long Beach? Help! <BR>We like things that are outdoorsy, and to see nature and wildlife. I've heard such good things about all areas, I just don't know what to do. All recommendations appreciated!

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 01:42 PM
dnorrie

Boy, that's a tough call. Vancouver Island is just lovely. Victoria is a city well worth spending a bit of time in. You will seldom hear anyone say they didn't like Victoria. I also think Sooke is great and Royal Roads University if worth a visit. North of Sooke, is a wonderful drive. If you had lots of time (but you really don't) going to Port Renfrew is really scenic. <BR> <BR>Tofino and Uculet are fantastic. There are good hikes etc. The drive to Parksville is great too. <BR> <BR>As you can see, I just love Vancouver Island. I don't think you can really go wrong wherever you go. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 01:44 PM
dnorrie

As an added note, if you are from outside of Canada, check out the post below regarding the GST rebates. You can print off the actual rebate form directly from the CCRA web site and it will also tell you what you can expect to recover your GST on.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:20 PM
April

I would probably stay one or two days in Victoria and spend the rest at Long Beach. You could stay in Parksville but it would take a lot of driving to get to either of those places, and might not be as restful in the long run. <BR> <BR>If you've never been to the area, don't miss the Royal BC Museum in Victoria.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 10:57 AM
Susan

We have been to Vancouver Island twice and went to Tofino both times.It is a beautiful relaxing place wonderful beach, great restaurants, we stayed at Middle Beach Lodge and I would highly recommend it.Tofino is well worth the 5 hour drive.Lots to do as well in Victoria.On one of our trips we spent 3 days in Tofino and 4 days in Victoria.<BR>enjoy your trip.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 12:05 AM
Leigh Kinney

Being a resident of Tofino, I can safely plan your itinerary: Stay at Middle Beach Lodge, eat at the RainCoast Cafe and whale watch with Sea Trek. All of the aforementioned are class acts who are concerned with the their impact on the environment and their town.