MontStAnne/Le Massif Lodging?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hola again! Were planning a late March/early April ski trip to Quebec, starting in Eastern Townships and ending in Quebec.

Is staying IN Mont St. Anne mountain (ski in/out) worthwhile? I mean, is the village big enough to warrant 4-5 days/nights?

Or should we stay in the Town of Beaupré and drive to MSA and Le Massif?

A cheap location with Breakfast Buffet is what we're looking for. Got a good deal from Auberge Refuge du Faubourg, any advice?

We plan on skiing 4 days MSA, 3 days Le Massif, 1 day Stoneham.

Merci!
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 04:37 AM

There's not really much of a "village" on site at Mont Ste Anne, but the hotel (Chateau Mont-Ste-Anne) and some of the condos (Chalets Mont Ste-Anne) are a very short walk to the lifts if that's what you want. There are others close by with a short shuttle bus to the lifts. It would also be handy for night skiing if a full day is not enough for you. There's not much in Beaupré to justify staying there rather than at MSA unless you can get a good deal on accommodation.

I don't know the Refuge du Faubourg or how far away it is from MSA.

If you want non-skiing or aprés-ski activities, your best bet would be to stay in Québec itself as the drive to MSA is not long and Le Massif is a bit over an hour from the city.

Another alternative would be to stay in Baie St. Paul, which is close to Le Massif and quite an attractive town. You would be about 30-40 minutes or so to MSA from there.

I would forget Stoneham. Spend the extra day at either MSA or Le Massif. My preference would be the latter.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Merci!

I as well was under the impression the MSA Village is not big enough to warrant the extra $$, 'cept for convenience.

You state "There are others close by with a short shuttle bus to the lifts".

If you know, could you point some of these out?

I'm inclined to stay in Baie St. Paul for Le Massif....

For long steep groomers, Stoneham out of the question?

And Grand Fonds, worth 1 day?

Breakfast Buffets, any idea where I could find out about these? I mean, if this forum doesn't know, who does!

Gracias!

Old Dec 11th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Gpaul: A couple of other places at Mont Ste Anne which have a shuttle bus to the lifts are the Hotel Val-des-Neiges and the Pied du Mont condos (which share the facilities of the Val-des-Neiges).

I think that staying in Baie St Paul for Le Massif is a good plan. There are lots of great places to stay and eat there at all price levels.

As for buffet breakfasts, my experience is that they are fairly common. You might want to check with the hotel or B&B first. Of course, condos are self-catering.

Stoneham isn't out of the question, but I think that both MSA and especially Le Massif are far superior. For a long steep groomer, you'll have to go a long way to beat the Super S at MSA, and Le Massif has lots of long groomers, not as steep as the Super S, but still fun. The really steep runs at Le Massif such as la "42" are bump runs, with the exception of Le Charlevoix which is used as a race course and training run for the national ski team and is often closed to the public.

I've never skied at Grand Fonds, so I can't comment.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanky! Tiome to do some more reasearch!