Montreal in November

Sep 10th, 1998, 01:13 AM
Cynthia Hammond

Montreal in November

I am meeting my sister and mother for 5 days in Montreal over the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday weekend. In choosing a hotel, we like a central location, but also one with a good swimming pool. Would appreciate any information regarding the pools at the Queen Elizabeth, Bonaventure Hilton or Intercontinental. The Bonaventure lists a year-round outdoor heated pool. This sounds so cold...... Any experience/opinion would be helpful. Thank you.

Sep 11th, 1998, 10:35 PM
Domenic

Hi, Cynthia. The hotels you mentioned are all well-located and quite elegant. The Queen E is smack downtown, near great shopping and bars/clubs. The InterContinental is about a 10min walk to downtown, and it's in Old Montreal - perfect if you like old-world architecture, chic French restaurants, and horse-drawn carriage rides (called "caleches"). The Bonaventure Hilton is in-between the downtown core and Old Montreal. Oh yeah, all 3 hotels are just steps away from the subway (called the "metro"), which is an inexpensive way to experience the city's famous "underground city". As far as pools go, I've heard many great things about the Bonaventure. Yes, it'll be chilly in November, but you won't be in the water. Try it, apparently it's an amazing concept. Bye.

Sep 13th, 1998, 02:13 PM
Mary

Hi Cynthia,
My husband and I recently stayed at the Queen Elizabeth and we both loved it. Their pool is beautiful and we used it every day (empty in the morning, busy at night). Great location - access to the underground city and metro, and train station for a side trip to Quebec City. If you haven't been there, you should definitely go. We loved our trip and found the Canadians to be very friendly. E-mail me if you have any questions. Have fun!! Mary

Sep 14th, 1998, 10:32 PM
Dave

Stayed at all three above-mentioned hotels. Your best bet is to go with the Queen Elizabeth. Pool was recently renovated and the central location can't be beat.

Nov 4th, 1998, 04:00 AM
Cynthia

Many thanks to all of you who responded to my post.

Search this Thread