Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ottawa - 2 days with kids 10,13.17 - what to do? Where to eat?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 1998, 05:36 PM
JAM

We did the parliament buildings and the Museum of Civilization a few years ago. Any suggestions on activities for a trip over a November weekend? <BR> <BR>Also, any recommendations for great Chinese Food? <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 10:18 AM
lynne

<BR>How about the Science Museum, the War Museum or Museum of Characature? I'm not a chinese food buff...but how about The Lone Star....very popular with teens!

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 10:19 AM
lynne

<BR>Oops...that should have been Museum of Caracture....

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 10:20 AM
lynne

<BR>Oops...that should have been Museum of Caracature....

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 11:30 AM
Jeph

Hey, <BR> <BR>How about the National Gallery? The Governor General's offers some interesting tours (it also serves a reasonable high tea). What about a hike in the Gatineau's? There is actually lots to do. <BR> <BR>Now, as far as good chinese ... in my humble opinion, a little place on Somerset called Ben Ben's is hard to beat. It specializes in Szechuan and Cantonese; it should be in the phone book. <BR> <BR>If you need any more ideas, please don't hesitate to drop me a note. <BR> <BR>Sincerely, <BR> <BR>Jeph

Old Oct 31st, 1998, 11:09 AM
Owen O'Neill

I found the Museum of Caricature to be reasonably appealing but much of it is political cartoons that require a knowledge of Canadian politics for full appreciation of the context/subtext. My 13 year old daughter accompanied me and was bored. She was intrigued by the tour of the Candian Mint and also really enjoyed the Museum of Civilization. It includes an IMAX Theatre that kids of all ages (including me) will love. I don't recall any specific restaurant names but believe there arte many to choose form in the downtown area adjacent to the farmer's market.

Old Nov 1st, 1998, 04:54 PM
lynne

<BR>The majority of good Chinese restaurants in Ottawa would be found on Somerset near Bronson...