Search

Montreal in Feb

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montreal in Feb

I will be in Montreal in Feb. Can someone suggest a great resturant, hotel, nightlife. Also we will be staying at Aubaerge Les Passants du Sans Soucy. How is it??<BR><BR>Thanks
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 06:16 AM

I have never stayed at the Sans Soucy but did receive lovely brochuresfrom them when planning a visit to Montreal. The rooms were beautiful.<BR>Personally, I prefer downtown, Old Town in winter can be very quiet and you will end up taking cabs everywhere. It is nice to be there in the summer, the water is right there!<BR>My favorite hotel at this time is Le Germain-rue Mansfeld<BR>I also enjoyed staying at the Omni before that, ask for a room on the Sherbrook side, high floor, the view is great!<BR>My recommendations for restaurants are<BR>Toque-rue St Denis<BR>Le Express-St Denis<BR>Le Petit Extra-rue Ontario<BR>Cafe Ferriere-rue Peel<BR>Cafe Detente-not sure of the street.<BR>Hope this helps get you started!<BR>
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 04:59 PM

Well, in the wintertime, I'd recommend staying closer to downtown in a more &quot;full service&quot; sort of place. One with a fabulous restaurant, cocktail lounge (preferably with live music), and an excellent room service menu - optimally not too far from the &quot;underground&quot;, just in case the weather is positively miserable and/or unbearable, whereupon you never need even to venture outside. Or, there are any number of appealing destinations within a very short walk.<BR><BR>Auberge Les Passants would be terrific in the nice weather, but I wouldn't recommend it in February...
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 09:06 AM

Kate: Caf&eacute; Rock-D&eacute;tente is on Peel, just North of Ste-Catherine.<BR><BR>Kate, next time you come to Montreal, you really have to try &quot;Le Paris&quot; on Ste-Catherine, between St-Mathieu and St-Marc. This restaurant has been in business since 1956, but believe or not, I had never been there. Better late than ever. I was there this past Saturday. For traditional French cuisine, you can't beat this place. I had the steak au poivre with pommes pur&eacute;e and tomate proven&ccedil;ale. Absolutely delicious. My wife had the dor&eacute; meuni&egrave;re(i think its walleye fish in English) and she said it was delicious.<BR><BR>It's very, very, traditional cooking with lots of butter! Delicious! Reservations recommended. It was packed.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 09:59 AM

<BR>Louis, thanks so much for the recommendation! As you know, Le Petit Extra is our new favorite thanks to you I would like to come up during the summer, if not, we will be there in the fall and we will definitely try Le Paris~Kate
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 08:36 AM

Here's another recommendation for Le Paris. Reservations are essential...