Search

Mont Tremblant Vs.Mont Sainte-Anne

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mont Tremblant Vs.Mont Sainte-Anne

Dear All.
We are beginners level skiers but we love to ski.In fact we love winter landscapes and snow activities meaning we are not the kind of family who wake up early in the morning to be the fitst in lift lines. besides skiing we are delighted hanging around ski reports,have nice food and drinks,nice and cozy accomodations etc.
But we are hesitating between Mont Tremblant and Mont Sainte-Anne.
As a resort in general and not only considering ski facilities which of these two do you think fits better to our interests??

Thank you.
Ramon
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Sorry I meant RESORTS::::
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM

I have visited both and liked Sainte-Anne myself. Found the snow conditions better (may have been luck of the draw) and the atmosphere was great.
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:37 PM

I've skied both and I'd vote for Mt Ste Anne. It's a little more of a local mountain with a slightly rustic feel and less of a resort. For example, they have a neat horse drawn carriage to move you between some of the lifts at the base and a couple of cool Saint Bernards (dogs) at the summit. Also, they have a really nice snowshoe trip at night... you meet at the base, they fit your snowshoes, and the take you up to the summit on the gondola for a short snowshoe thru the woods to one of the summit lodges for a fondue dinner... it's pretty neat.

The best thing (especially if you don't like to get up real early) is that some of the slopes are open until 10pm. It makes for a really relaxed stay when you can get up, have breakfast, ski a few hours, stop for lunch, ski a few more, stop for dinner and beer, go back out and ski a bit more... and never feel rushed.

The other nice thing about MSA is that it makes for an easy day trip to Quebec City. Also, you can get lift tickets that are also good at Stoneham and Le Massif, if you want to try a variety of areas.
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:47 PM

I have skied often at both Mont Tremblant and Mont-Sainte-Anne and while I think that you would enjoy both, Mont Tremblant would meet your needs much better than Mont Saint-Anne. At Mont Tremblant you will find a wide range of accommodations, restaurants, shopping and various activities right in the village at the bottom of the mountain. Mont Saint Anne's facilities in that regard are much more limited, and in addition I think that Mont Tremblant has more to offer for the beginning level skier.

One option for Mont Sainte Anne would be to stay in Québec City and drive to the resort each day (about 40 minutes away). Québec City, of course, has much to offer in the way of après ski activities. However, my preference would be to stay right at the ski resort, and in that case you'll find that Mont Tremblant has much more to offer.

Enjoy your visit!
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 06:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Mt. Tremblant.

Mark