Search

Marriott Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Maury

Marriott Hotels

I would like some reviews of the Marriott Skydome and the Marriott at the Eaton Centre,from anyone that has stayed at these hotels.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Brian Kilgore

Why don't you just put all your Marriott hotel questions into one sensible message, or just tell us what matters to you, and we'll tell you which hotel to pick?<BR><BR>BAK

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Lynn

What a rude reply you received!<BR><BR>Your question was very sensible and straight to the point...whatever he suggests, I'd stay at the other place!<BR>

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 02:59 PM
nikki

skydome hotel; amazing!! but dear!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Maury

Brian, go watch TV and let the questions up to the professionals.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Brian Kilgore

Now Maury, how are you going to make friends when you get all ignorant and nasty?<BR><BR>And how are you going to get good information?<BR><BR>You posted half a dozen messages that require work on our behalf, when with half a brain, you could have made our work easier for us, and thus got better answers for yourself.<BR><BR>Plus you screwed up some of the names.<BR><BR>Now you got someone else calling me rude, because you failed to do some minor homework, and think a bit before you asked your series of questions.<BR><BR>And there's been a lot of references in thsi forum to the various Marriott hotels in Toronto, but no sign that you did any basic research.<BR><BR>Usually we forgive people that slow of noggin, but your series of reptitious questions supplemented with a paucity of information was better, (well, it really was worse, but English is a funny language) than most.<BR><BR>Plus you tell us that you heard a room was "bland." What's that supposed to mean, and who / what was your source? and what do you want that isn't bland? Go to Edmonton, and you can get a hotel room where the bed is in the back of a pickup truck. that's not bland.<BR><BR>All in all, you're not doing a very fine job of extracting information.<BR><BR>In fact, the best information you got was from me, before I found you kept repeating the questions, hotel by hotel.<BR><BR>Maybe someone with more patience that I answered your myriad of other postings. I haven't gone to look.<BR><BR>I notice that Lynn Noname and Nikki Noname provided you with no useful information, save "dear," whatever that means in the context of Toronto hotel pricing. I, in fact, know if this information about dearness is correct.<BR><BR>So,how ya doin' Maury? Have you got good information? <BR><BR>Nope. You blew it, dude. <BR><BR>Maybe someone else will help you.<BR><BR>Or maybe you'll figure out the search function, and get your questions answered from some earlier work I've done. Some other people have provided accurate informtion about Marriott propeties, too.<BR><BR>If I was reallly mean, I'd use some fake name and lie to you about the hotels. But I'm not mean.<BR><BR>And, about "professional." I don't know who else who provides information and advice about Toronto who has been in the hotel and retaurant business here, who else has managed conferences and conventions here, but what the heck, you can look to others for professional information. It's up to you.<BR><BR>BAK<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 08:02 AM
garyt

WOW! Maury... you really got to Brian on this one... this guy is usually regarded on the Canada Post site as the Toronto expert... the guru of TO town... and offers pretty sound advice to the needy traveler....and you go and poop in his Cheerios!<BR><BR>Brian, buddy hang tough... even though I don't always agree with you, Maury will just have to spend some of his hard-earned newspaper route money and stay in each of the Marriott properties on his own... then he will become "Mr Maury Marriott" for all posters...<BR><BR>PS. Brian...you do seem a little more grumpy than usual. Is it the weather?

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 01:34 PM
jim

I guess what do you expect from someone from Toronto. Dont worry Maury,not all Canadians (or Torontonians) are that rude.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 02:52 PM
xxx

In Brian's website, he bills himself as a corporate communicator, but I guess he doesn't have enough to do - lately he seems to spend too much time being rude.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Kelly

Didn't know Brian had a website...what is it? I want to check it out.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Celine

Kelly, he's probably spending half his life on this site, and the Canada Post site (which I didn't even know existed).<BR><BR>How can he be resourceful about Toronto if he spends all his time writing essay long hate messages?? ;P

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Maury

I did not mean to anger you Brian, and I apologize if I did. I went on your Website and found that you are a very well rounded individual with many different thoughts. I found your website very informative , and I enjoyed browsing through your interesting thoughts.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Maury

Brian,<BR>The Skydome Hotel is a fifteen minute walk from the nearest Subway station.That is the kind of information that I was looking for. I did my homework, and I did it well.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 11:35 AM
eee

When did the skydome become a Marriott?

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 11:01 PM
Shaunessy

brian kilgore, garyt, perfectly rude specimens for the jerry springer show.<BR><BR><BR>Maury, the Marriott Skydome was a delight. Especially when there is a game playing and you have one of the rooms with a view of it. Good travels!<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 06:30 AM
garyt

Hey Shaunessy- I may be perfect foddor(pun intended) for your favorite show, but at least I would base my evaluation on actually staying there... The rooms overlooking the field are much too far from the action and overpriced(they include admission to the event). <BR><BR>Although it is a cute novelty to watch the game from your room, the only way I could see anything was to watch on the room TV...in addition, following the game, some BOZO pulled a false fire alarm in the stadium, causing an alarm to sound in the rooms for an hour, with an accompanying audio announcement that we were not to leave the hotel... It was after midnight...The kids were crying...I didn't see much of the live action and I paid over $400Cdn for the night... How about that Shaunessy? Tell us about your stay... or what your friend of a friend told you...

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 10:20 AM
enough

Gary and Brian give it a rest. We're tired of your rude behavior towards the guests of this forum. Why don't you both just go harass yourselves in a private chatroom? We would all be delighted to see you go.