Reload this Page >

Lodging in Jasper

Search

Lodging in Jasper

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2000, 05:44 AM
Ruth

Lodging in Jasper

I am trying to find lodging for <BR>one or two nights in Jasper for <BR>a young couple on their honeymoon <BR>Any suggestions would be helpful. <BR>Thanks!

Old Aug 2nd, 2000, 06:11 AM
Trish

I would reccomend Jasper Park Lodge which is more like a resort but away from the town. Another choice would be Jasper House Bungalows or Becker's Roaring River Chalets which are both south of Jasper a few miles but are right on the river in a beautiful setting. I would not stay right in the town itself. Good Luck!

Old Aug 2nd, 2000, 02:55 PM
Jim

There is no doubt the Jasper Park Lodge is the "class" of Jasper. However, in peak season it is MEGA expensive.Pyramid lake resort is beautiful and close to town (5 minute drive). If you choose this make sure you are in the NEW complex, not the old cabins which they sometime put people in when they are full and the guests dont specify. By the way, the Jasper Park Lodge rates drop significantly in the off season (around mid Oct.)

Old Aug 2nd, 2000, 05:21 PM
Bob Brown

I think a lot depends on budget. In season, Jasper is expensive. <BR>I have stayed at Jasper House Bungalows. These are more like small apartments in that you have more than one room, with the exception of a few motel style rooms. We enjoyed staying there. <BR>They are not in the center of town, either, but located a couple of miles down the Icefields Parkway.

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 01:00 PM
Allan D'Arcy

My favourite place is the Jasper Inn when balancing value for money. I've only been there in winter though. <BR>I was disappointed in the sawridge...too noisey (kids). The most romantic is the Jasper Park Lodge. We had wonderful service there.