Reload this Page >

Thank You Halifax!!!

Search

Thank You Halifax!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Susan

Thank You Halifax!!!

I just want to say "thank you" to all of the people in Halifax who so graciously opened their homes & their hearts to stranded travellers. You are truly amazing. Thank you!

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 10:01 AM
bluenose

I'll speak for my fellow Nova Scotians and say, "You're most welcome." I think that in a way the people who pitched in here were happy to be able to do something--anything--to help pick up the pieces. My favourite story is of the couple from Britain who were flying to Las Vegas to get married. The family they were billeted with rallied a whole lot of support and put together a wedding for them, complete with gown, tux, cake, flowers, and photographs.

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Ginny Swinson

How did you get back? Did you take a ferry? Is the ferry running and what is security like? How long did it take to get through customs?

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 03:00 AM
Jim Rosenberg

There are few people I can think of that it would be more fun to be stranded with than the Maritimers! Here's an aerial shot of Halifax International during the groundings: <BR> <BR>http://www.hiaa.ca/photo_collection/pages/overview3.htm <BR> <BR>We couldn't have better neighbors! <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 05:18 PM
ellen

The story of your generosity and kindness has gone all over the internet--I certainly passed it along to all my friends. It was so affirming to read of people being so good to strangers and we need that so much now. All of us are indebted to you.