Lake Louise - Post Hotel

Search

Lake Louise - Post Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake Louise - Post Hotel

My husband and I are staying in Lake Louise for our Anniversary in October. We've narrowed it down to staying at the Post Hotel (after reading many recommendations). The question now is which room to stay in...they have so many options. I've checked and most all are available during the time we will be there. Is the "preferred side" that much different than the standard? Also, has anyone stayed in the cabins? Is there any advantage/disadvantage to those vs. staying in the normal rooms? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 01:40 PM

Check trip advisor. com too. I believe the preferred side looks out on scenery and the standard side looks out on the parking lot. I believe there is a good description on their website too. We are staying in a cabin near the river- one of them is slightly cheaper that staying on the preferred side and seemed nice to be near the river without any other buildings in front. Check the site too.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 02:22 PM

The Post Hotel looks lovely to me and I would choose to stay there over the Chateau--but you might also consider staying part of the time at Emerald Lake Lodge. It is about a half hour drive from Lake Louise, but it is a beautiful, enjoyable drive. We fell in love with the place--we only reserved there because all the lodgings in Lake Louise were booked. Last Sept. the minimum room was only $200CAD. It is a very small room but has a woodburning fireplace that is stoked everyday, has a balcony looking out toward the lake, very nice bathroom. There are more expensive rooms right on the lake that would be even nicer. The setting for the Lodge is spectacularly beautiful. I would love to return.
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 04:04 PM

I can tell you about the Post Hotel-perhaps my favorite place. You definately want to stay on the preferred side-you'll be able to listen to the stream with your windows and doors open. If you stay on the other side-you'll have the parking lot to look at.
We stayed in a room on the second floor-no fireplace-it had a queen or king bed-can't remember-i think it was a queen. We had a balcony to sit out on and we loved that. You will mostly likely be looking down on the 3 or 4 cabins near the stream. That may bother some, but they are so cute with flowers and all that it didn't bother me a bit. If you can get a cabin-they looked really nice and I 'd consider that for next time-although I loved our balcony. If you have a cabin-you'll have a nice little patio right next to the stream-and that is very appealing too. I don't think you can go wrong here as long as you stay on the preferred side. You will love it!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 04:36 PM

You lucky, lucky people. The Post is a wonderful hotel with perhaps the best breakfast in the world. Have a happy anniversary visit.
Old Jul 1st, 2005, 02:32 PM

We stayed in one of the cabins two years ago and absolutely loved it, even though we had the smallest, and least expensive cabin. They had thick robes - black not white- so I got up in the mornings wallked right outdside our door in my robe and sat by the river and read. In the afternoons, after a day of sightseeing my husband and I would sit with a glass of wine and listen to the sounds of the water.
We love their little bar and the downstairs restaurant. While their main dining room gets rave reviews, we were not as impressed, but overall thoroughly enjoyed our experience. In fact, we are returning in two weeks and will stay in a preferred side balcony room on the second floor since the cabins are not available.
As the other posters have said, the preferred side is definitely preferred.