Lake Louise/Jasper --Too hot in August?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the process of planning an adults only getaway with friends. We have considered the Jasper Park Lodge, but the reviews on the TripAdvisor were mixed. Complaints ranged from over-priced, poor service to too hot/no AC.

Those of you more familiar than I on this area---Can you give me advice? Is it too hot in August to be without AC? The Jasper Park Lodge has no screens on the windows...are bugs an issue?

What about the Post Hotel? Is there an advantage of one over the other?

Golf is important...but so is sleep! I have heard good reports about both hotels..just need some direction.

Old Jan 25th, 2005, 02:36 PM

AC should not be an issue, it doesn't get truly hot out in Jasper very often. Screens on the other hand absolutely will be an issue. The bugs come out thick at night.

Hopefully other posters can help you with your other inquiries.
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 09:20 AM
ltt

the post hotel in lake louise gets very good reivews. great place if you are mostly wanting outdoor activities as the town of lake louise is really not much at all.
jasper is a great town and beautiful area. i've heard that the jasper park lodge is great. but, i personally would never save up money to stay there special. i've heard many comments that it doesn't live up to expectations.
a/c is not important as long as you can open the windows to get some air flow. i would not stay at a place that didn't have neither screens or a/c.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 08:12 PM

I live in this area and air coditioning is not our major concern even in August. The JPL has adequate ceiling fans in their rooms that do the job in all but the most extraordinary hot conditions. My opinion ... the golf will be worth it. There are screens on at least the doors and bugs are not really a problem in the mountains. It usually gets quite cool at night.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 09:16 AM

We stayed at the Post Hotel last July-absolutely loved it. One of my favorite places. It was never too hot for us. If you look into the Post, request the "preferred" side of the hotel and we just had a room with a queen bed-no fireplace. It was on the second level with a balcony that overlooked the rushing stream and some other pretty cabins and flowers. I loved the location-just enough restaurants close by and a convenient walk to a small mall with a wonderful bakery and coffee shop. I'd go back in a heartbeat!
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 09:17 AM

I might add, at the Post Hotel, we slept with our balcony door open at night so we could hear the stream-never a problem.