Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Just Back from Montreal and Saw Brad Pitt!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2007, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just got back from a trip to New York and Montreal..They were both great..In Montreal we stayed at the Nelligan Hotel,and absolutely loved it..And as they were taping a movie in Old Montreal...we saw Brad Pitt..he was literally across the street..it was very exciting.

Anyways..we had a fun time strolling through Montreal and really enjoyed ourselves..
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:14 PM

Pardon my pedestrian ignorance, but who is Brad Pit and why is viewing this person an item of note?
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

He is only a major Hollywood Actor??? Can't believe u haven't heard of him!!
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:49 PM
wow

But who cares?
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:11 PM
Original Poster

Ok..fine..sorry i made this post..
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 04:42 AM
mtjt

Hi Tracy - I can understand you sharing your excitement. I'm not a chaser of celebrities, but I realize that Brad Pitt is probably the #1 Hollywood star in recent years, which means that an awful lot of people would get very excited about seeing him. Nice that you had fun in Montreal, and I think that pointing out that Canadian cities like Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver have become very popular with the Hollywood crowd as settings for major film productions says something about their appeal and tourism value.

Old Jun 1st, 2007, 04:59 AM

Hi Tracy, absolutely nothing wrong in posting your star sighting on your trip! I feel some posters should really lighten up.

I could care less about Pitt myself but would really like to hear more about your trip - where did you stay, why did you pair both cities into the same trip?
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Okay...it was really exciting..trust me..but i won't say another word!!

We choose New York/Montreal as 2 cities to visit together, as when i was booking the flights, you could go via Toronto or Montreal (from Edmonton)..We had always wanted to go to Montreal, so decided to do it now!!

Anyways..it was a great trip and we enjoyed both cities...Although New York was a little more exciting.

Old Jun 1st, 2007, 06:06 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with posting that. I get excited when I see major stars here in Toronto!
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 06:11 AM

Ah, both cities in one trip makes perfect sense now. Glad you had a good time in both.

I'm sure most of us can imagine somebody they'd be excited to see unexpectedly.
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 01:04 PM

That is awesome Tracy. I always wish something like that will happen to me but so far no stars.
Im not sure why some are so grumpy about it (but i think they are just jealous!) LOL!
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 03:13 PM

TracyB - outside of seeing Brad Pitt, how about more info on your Montreal trip?

Where did you go? What did you see? Etc.

I'm going this summer, so would like to hear your details.
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Well personally....irecommend...i was totally excited to see Brad Pitt..Especially for as long as we did..i nearly had a heart attack..and trust me..everyone there was excited!!

Anyways..we only had 1 and a half days in Montreal..
We stayed at the Nelligan Hotel..It was fab..i loved it..our room was gorgeous..It was a superior King..It had a huge bed, fireplace, desk with stereo..nice chairs..all very modern furniture..The bathroom had a beautiful jacuzzi tub and pedistal sink..Anyways..very nice room..and a nice breakfast as well...

The first afternoon, we were quite tired after running around New York for 4 days...We walked around Old Montreal and ended up at a Thai Restaurant (i think it was caled Tai Nature)..It was really good.

The next day..we got up first thing and walked to St. Catherines Street..From there, we took the metro to the Plateau Area..and walked until we found Schwartz, a restaurant..for Montreal Smoked Meat sandwiches..It was really casual, and really good..We proceeded to walk until we hit St. Denis Street..and we walked and walked!! Stopped a few times for a drink..it was very hot out. We loved the atmosphere and the old buildings..really lovely.

We ended up back at the hotel...had a drink on the fifth floor of the hotel which had a nice patio overlooking the city and port.

We then took a horse and carriage ride through Old Montreal, which was really nice...and it was after that we saw Brad Pitt!!!

After that espisode..we walked to the square (sorry, i can't remember what it was called (Jacque Cartier??)We had dinner and drinks at an outdoor patio, overlooking the square and port..It was a very nice evening so there were lots of people and entertainment...Sorry i can't be more specific on the name of the restaurant...but in all honesly..we sat for drinks..and after a few just decided to eat there.Anyways..it was very nice and the staff were very friendly. It was just casual food, we were not in the mood to dine out fancy!! And after all the money we spent in New York...we decided to skip fine dining!!!!!

So it was a really short trip..but we really enjoyed it..

OH..one more thing about the Nelligan Hotel..They also serve wine and cheeze complimentary to the guests of the hotel between 5 and 7..so we took advantage of that...I just can't say enough good things about the hotel...Should we ever go back to Montreal..will stay there again!!!!!
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:33 AM

TracyB glad you had a good time. We are booked for three nights at the Hotel Nelligan in late June. We heard it was a great place to stay. We went on a package which includes one night dinner at their restaurant, Verses. I heard that is good to.

There are a lot of fine restaurants in Montreal and worth another visit!
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:28 AM

I'm not a big celebrity watcher either, but I would have been impressed by seeing Brad Pitt. A quick google search indicates the movie he is filming in Old Montreal will be released in fall of 2008:
The film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button features Pitt and Cate Blanchett in the lead and tells the story of a man who is born in his eighties and ages backwards.

I was also in Montreal last weekend. Spent most of sunday visiting museums because it was the annual Museum Day (free entry). The Naumann exhibit at the museum of contemporary art was very interesting and I am glad our son pushed us to go see it. It runs until Sept. 3 Link to a description:
http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/B2C...ML/1782_EN.asp

Unfortunately the weather wasn't great so we put off yet again a visit to one of the historical museums I want to see in Montreal--the national historic site museum of the fur trade on the Lachine canal.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:00 PM

Thanks for the added info.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
wow

TracyB & others: Sorry to come across as "Grumpy" but I am just not a big fan of BP. But, you & lots of others are, so I can understand your excitement even though I don't share it! LOL I am, however, a huge fan of Montreal!! Happy that you had a great time in that amazing city & that you enjoyed seeing BP. I saw his pic in the Toronto Star today...he was riding an old beat-up Vespa while filming in Montreal. Was he on that thing when you saw him?

Signed: Happy Wow
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:38 PM

TracyB, I saw Richard Gere once. He was quite incognito. I was quite baffled by who this person was. Then he smiled at me, I recognized who he was, and, well, let's just say I understand why you would have been excited seeing Brad Pitt. For some reason, certain people are larger than life - charismatic. That is part of why they are stars, I am sure. It comes across and it is powerful.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Oh well...we went on a weeks trip to New York and Montreal...and thought maybe we would see someone famous in NY..and ended up seeing Brad Pitt in Montreal!!!

One time we were on the same flight as Wayne Gretzky (when he still played with the Edmonton Oilers!!) That was exciting too...

But we really did like Montreal...Brad Pitt or not!!
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
wow

Okaaaay...now you have my attention...Richard Gere...Orcas, where did you see him?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -