Reload this Page >

Is Campobello Island still there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Daphne

I stayed in a boarding house there as a child. When to movie at night but there was no electricity at the house. They had it the next year. The Roosevelt wasn't open yet.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Island Girl

I'm pretty sure it's still there...it's off New Brunswick isn't it? Sorry, I don't have any more info than that. Have you tried an internet search?

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Daphne

Island Girl--Thanks for the response. Campobello is off Nova Scotia. And it is the home of Pres. Franklin Roosevelt that one can now tour. But where to stay

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Shane

Hi Daphne; <BR>Not to be picky but Island Girl is correct - Campobello Island is off of New Brunswick and can only be reached from either Maine or New Brunswick. Their web site is http://www.campobello.com/official.html if you would like more information on the island and there is also a link for accomodations as well. Hope this helps!

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Patrick

Last summer we stayed a few days in Saint John, New Brunswick and spent a great day going to Campobello. We took a couple of ferries and crossed over to Campobello from New Brunswick. After touring the island (not too much there really, but there is a pretty light house at the northern end) and visiting the very interesting homes of the Roosevelts and their neighbors, we drove over to Maine and returned to Saint John from there. I don't have the specific route handy but it was very easy to do and quite scenic.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 09:00 AM
B MacDonald

Daphne, <BR> <BR>Campobello Island is in New Brunwick right across the border from Lubec, Maine. You can ferry hop from Deer Island to Campobello in July & August. <BR> <BR>You would be about 1 and 20min from St Andrews-by-the-Sea, NB. St Andrews is a tourist town with lots of accomodations, restaurants, day activities and shopping. Take a look at website: www.town.standrews.nb.ca for exact location and more info. <BR> <BR>Many people stay in St Andrews and day trip to Campobello as accomodation is scarce on Campobello. <BR>

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Daphne

Campbello island- <BR>All these years I had the wrong province! Thanks for all the information.