Search

Inuvik

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 03:21 PM
Lee

Inuvik

I'm hoping to spend some time in Inuvik next June and would welcome any tips. <BR>Would it be possible to have a good trip without renting a car? Could I do different day tours from town, without breaking the bank? What day trips would be the best? Any ideas on which tour companies to use? Or where to stay.....B&B's? <BR>Thaks for any help. <BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 05:46 AM
Patrick

I know Inuvik isn't in Alaska, but you might try posting this request under USA as several Alaska oriented posts have touched on the Dempster Highway and Inuvik. From the little I know, it seems doubtful that you would find much in organized tours from that tiny little remote town, but maybe someone else can better help you.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 06:13 PM
Lee

HI Patrick, <BR>Thanks for the advise. I'll do a search on the USA forum. <BR>Actually, in my searches, I have found quite a few tour companies up there...surprising! Mostly day tours...some by float plane, but some for a few days. <BR>Thanks again. <BR>Lee <BR>

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 10:03 AM
Susan

Lee, the Globe and Mail (one of Canada's national newspapers) has an article on Inuvik in today's edition. Unfortunately it looks as though my husband has thrown away our copy already! They listed a few websites, as well as a place to stay just outside of town. If you can get a hard copy of the paper, you would see it. I just did a search of their online site and couldn't find it.

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 05:44 PM
elizabeth

Re the Globe and Mail article - Web addresses are: <BR> <BR>www.nwttravel.nt.ca <BR>www.town.inuvik.nt.ca <BR> <BR>I'd be happy to fax you the article - email me a fax number if you would like it. <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 07:39 PM
Lee

Susan and Elizabeth, <BR>Thanks so much for your help. It's almost 11 pm and I just got home, so have probably missed the Globe and Mail, but I'll try and get out first thing in the morning and see if I can get a hold of one. I hope I'm not too late. But thanks for the sites as well. <BR> <BR>Lee