Reload this Page >

Information on Victoria

Search

Information on Victoria

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 1998, 03:53 PM
JAY

Information on Victoria

<BR>Is Victoria worth visiting if I only have 1-2 days at Vancouver? Is it worth going to Victoria for just a day? I was planning to take a ferry from Vanc. to Victoria. <BR> <BR>What sights are worth seeing in Victoria if i only have half a day (since i will be spending about 5 hrs on the ferry back and forth). <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 23rd, 1998, 11:18 AM
Angela

If you only have 1 day don't go to Victoria, even only 2 days are probably not enough to include it, because there is still travel time after you get off the ferry (from Vancouver), as I've never seen a ferry going from Vancouver into the town of Victoria. If you do go just head for downtown and walk around - that's about the most sightseeing you can get in - but for Victoria it will give you a very good flavour of the town. Down at the harbour you will find the Parliment buidling and 1-2 of the grandest and oldest hotels in Victoria (can't remember names, I think one is the Empress Hotel), but you can go in and walk around. <BR>

Old Oct 4th, 1998, 07:38 AM
bob brown

Victoria has a very good museum. <BR>But, the best thing I saw there was <BR>Butchart Gardens. If you like flower gardens, this one is first rate. <BR>I am sure a tour can be arranged to take you from the ferry to the gardens and back. <BR> <BR>I had a rental car and took the ferry from Tsawassen to the Island side and then drove to Butchart Gardens. <BR>

Old Oct 4th, 1998, 08:33 AM
Toni

If you only have a day or two in Vancouver, save Victoria for another time (Don't worry, You'll be back!). It's expensive to get across to the island and there's too much you shouldn't miss while you are there to only spend 1/2 a day. The museum is first rate and the Buchard Gardens are a treasure in themselves. But there are so many other places on the island that are jewels you can plan a whole holiday there. Really, you're only cheating yourself if you are trying to tackle both cities in that timeframe. <BR> <BR>While in Vancouver, you must see Stanley Park. A walk around the seawall does more for the soul than anything I know of. My second choices of things to see in Vancouver would be Gastown and Chinatown.

Old Oct 4th, 1998, 10:59 AM
B.A.Kilgore

I'd stay in Vancouver, because I like big cities better than little cities. But I've been to Vancouver so often that now I almost always try to go to Vancouver Island. Remember than going to Victoria means that you get a ferry boat ride through the Gulf Islands, and may even see whales from the boat. If you like boat trips,this is like a min-cruise for not too much money. There's a world-class Leonardo Da Vinci exhibit now open in victoria, if youlikethis kind of stuff, and a few hours walking around downtown is fun, and pretty much takes care of seeing all there is. <BR>But, if you don't want to boat trip, stay in Vancouver. <BR> <BR>BAK