Reload this Page >

I'm safety conscious but hate to stand around and wait

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 03:27 AM
John Lepage

I'm safety conscious but hate to stand around and wait when I'm supposed to be on a vacation<BR>Instead of spending hours waiting to get on the plane then more time waiting around to get my luggage afterwards, I found a real solution. Virtual Bellhop will come to my house in San Francisco, pick up my luggage and then deliver it directly to my hotel in New York City. I no longer need to wait to check in at the airport or to collect my bags from the carousel at the end of my flight. They also agreed to do it when I go to the family reunion in Boston in June. A real great service.<BR>www.virtualbellhop.com<BR><BR>

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 05:34 AM
xxx

I used virtualbellhop once and it was horrible. One of my bags was lost and the other was looted. They also missed my flight. The company offered me only $50 compensation.

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Louise

naughty naughty, just saw your post in the US section, and you got told...no advertising....

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Bob Brown

Where is the Fodors' chopper outer when you need him or her? <BR>The editorial ax has been used to delete even valid posts; so where is this effort when a blantant policy violation is obvious?? Taking the weekend off I suppose. So if you want to advertise, post it late Friday night when the watch cat is asleep or trailing other game.<BR>

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 04:11 PM
ja

I e-mailed Fodor's earlier today asking them to delete these threads from all fora where they have been posted. Very bad form, John Lepage!

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Faina

I wonder if anybody gets conned by this advertiser... Myself I wouldn't use the service: doesn't matter if you have luggage or not the waiting time is practically the same, they check only your carry-on and ID's, what's the use of luggage taking to your hotel? To pay additional (and I assume it's not little!) for delivery to your hotel? You'll need a shuttle or a taxi anyway! Doesn't make sense to me unless you're travelling with small children. The only time will be saved is 20' carousel waiting... hmmm...