ice hockey

Apr 19th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

ice hockey

hi all, we're arriving in your great city on monday and we wouldn't mind watching the toronto v philadelphia game on tv. it starts at 7.00 pm in toronto, what time does it come on in vancouver? we are stopping at the fairmont hotel, so is there any pubs nearby so we can watch it. many thanks,
Shaun.
p.s. what about your weather? does it ever stop raining?
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:01 PM

Where to go with this post.....

If it starts at 7:00 in Toronto, it may not start until 10:00 in Vancouver. Everyone knows we are a little slower here.

What is a pub? Is that somewhere they sell alcohol?

Those were banned here imediately after our premier was convicted of driving too drunk to stand up.

Regarding the weather, has TO thawed out enough yet for airplanes to fly?

I thought we were safe from easterners for months yet.
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:58 PM

icithecat is being a little bit silly I'm afraid. The game will be on CBC at 4PM PDT.

There are three Fairmont hotels in Vancouver by the way - the Waterfront, the Vancouver and the Airport.

And after 44 of the last 46 days having at least some measurable rain, (and usually more than that), you're question is one that everyone here is asking. I have the answer. I'm leaving Friday evening for a trans-atlantic cruise to Spain. Therefore from Saturday on to the middle of May when we return the weather will be magnificent.
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your replies. I'm actually from England so we don't have silly time differences here. we are very small you see. I'm definitely not eastern though i'm Northern. West Yorkshire you see. Still looking forward to visiting, i know you're not all as sarcastic.
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:11 PM

Toronto got squashed by Philadelphia out of the playoffs so you won't be able to see them in action. And besides, Vancouver is in the Western Conference so the local stations here will be showing Vancouver vs Minnesota. Go Canucks!
Unfortunately the Canucks are not playing Monday night April 28 so it will be one of the other Conference games.