How Far is Peggys Cove from Halifax

Aug 18th, 1999, 08:10 AM
Mary

How Far is Peggys Cove from Halifax

We will be in Halifax for one day (a stop on a Cruise). I would like to go to Peggys Cove for an hour or two because I hear it is so beautiful. How far is it from Halifax? Is an hour or two enough time there? Would we take a cab there on our own, or is it best to do a tour? We don't want to be on a tour for hours because we still have to see Halifax. Besides the lighthouse, what else is there to see in Peggys Cove? Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

Aug 18th, 1999, 12:07 PM
Irene

Mary - We are just now planning our first trip to Nova Scotia. A big help in finding directions and how long each segment would be is to go to
www.mapquest.com
Good Luck!

Aug 18th, 1999, 05:02 PM
lynne

I can't remember for sure but I think it was about a 30 to 45 minute drive from Halifax...it is very beautiful. If you're only in Halifax for one day you might want to spend it in Halifax - there is lots to do there!
I love the Lower/Middle and Upper Deck for lunch or dinner on the waterfront. Price varies by deck!!
Enjoy Halifax is a wonderful city and the people are EXTREMELY friendly there!

Aug 19th, 1999, 01:10 PM
mwg

There's very little to do in Peggy's cove. Perhaps that the point. Its very scenic, rough rocks, fishing boats & lighthouse. Assuming you do go, you'd have plenty of time. But I do agree that Halifax is quite interesting and worth exploring.

Aug 25th, 1999, 10:23 AM
Lil Luddy

I stayed in Halifax and went to Peggy's Cove. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get to Peggy's Cove. Plan on staying awhile at Peggy's Cove. It is so beautiful, you just can't tear yourself away. We got there right around sunset and it was so wonderful. We ate at the restaurant at Peggy's Cove and it was not good, so avoid that if you can.

Aug 25th, 1999, 10:24 AM
Lil Luddy

I stayed in Halifax and went to Peggy's Cove. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get to Peggy's Cove. Plan on staying awhile at Peggy's Cove. It is so beautiful, you just can't tear yourself away. We got there right around sunset and it was so wonderful. We ate at the restaurant at Peggy's Cove and it was not good, so avoid that if you can.