house rental vancouver

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
house rental vancouver

Coming to Canada/USA for 1st time courtesy of Zoom Airlines and some very reasonable flights from London to Vancouver -we plan on travelling south for a time but staying the final week in or around Vancouver before flying back. I'd like to rent a house close'ish to the sea and accessible to the city also. Five of us in all including my better half and 3 children (15,13 &11). Is there an agency or good source for such rentals or am I too late (week of 14th/21st August). Not looking for anything luxurious. Any help/guidance much appreciated as I'm not having much luck.
Thanks.

Graham
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 01:19 PM

Even if you had a year you'ld not likely find a 'house' that would be available for just one week's rental anywhere in the city or environs of Vancouver. There are a number of Apartment hotels but even without maid service they would not be cheap at that time of year. You're probably looking at a minimum $1,000CAD for a 2-3 bedroom apartment well away from the beaches or downtown and up to twice that for something downtown or within a short walk of the beaches.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 01:27 PM

Graham, just to get an idea of what's available, do a Google search for "SELF CATERING APARTMENT" + VANCOUVER.

Sorry, got to run to an appointment.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 02:11 PM

Some faculty members at the University of British Columbia rent out their houses for short periods over the summer. Look at the housing listing here:

http://www.facultyassociation.ubc.ca...ng/housing.htm

You don't have to be a faculty member at UBC to contact the people on this list, but you may be asked to provide references.

Do you really need a house, or would you consider a B&B instead?
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 05:32 AM

I found a web site which might be of use to you - vrbo.com (I think) which stands for vacation rentals by owner - they had apartments and houses in the vancouver area the last time I looked.

I've never used them and so have no input into how good or not they are.