Reload this Page >

Hotels-Queen Elizabeth or Marriott Champlain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 07:14 PM
Sandy

Has anyone stayed at the Queen Elizabeth or the Marriott Chateau Champlain? We can stay at either one, am looking for service, food rating, and general impressions. <BR> This is our first trip to Montreal. Celebrating 20th anniversary--can you recommend a very romantic dinner spot--possibly nearby. <BR>Any other suggestions welcome. Thank you, Sandy

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 07:26 PM
Vanessa

I spent two nights at the Marriott Chateau Champlain this past February for business. I had a suite which was very nice. Spacious. 2 full baths. Rate included continental breakfast. Hotel staff were very good. <BR> <BR>We didn't eat in the hotel itself but it's within walking distance to lots of restaurants in the downtown area. Also connected to the subway system. <BR> <BR>One evening we ate at a Mexican restaurant in the downtown area. Very busy and the food was very good. Carlos and Pepes, I think. <BR> <BR>The second evening we ate at one of the restaurants in old Montreal. Because it was winter most of the restaurants were closed. However, all that were open did have they menus posted outside which helped in our selection. <BR> <BR>Enjoy!

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 09:56 PM
Brian Kilgore

Queen Elizabeth, because the location is slightly better. <BR>Chez La Mere Michel, on Guy Street, just south of Ste. Catherines, for your romantic ($200) 2oth anniversary dinner. <BR>It's a fifteen minute walk. <BR>BAK

Old Jun 11th, 2000, 11:37 AM
Mike Miller

Is the Queen Elizabeth in the Historic District?

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 11:58 AM
Erich

Hi Sandy <BR> Montreal is a great city. Do take the horse and buggy ride to old Montreal. <BR>The Queen Elizabeth is a very nice Hotel., but the rooms are a bit small. <BR>Look into the Vogue hotel or the Place Bonaventure, The vogue imo. is the nicest hotel in Monrtreal.