Hotels In Montreal

Old Oct 7th, 1998, 05:08 PM
Brian

Hotels In Montreal

I was planning a trip to Montreal for 4 nights in late November. I was thinking of staying at the Ritz, The Queen E., the Inter-Cont. or the Hilton but I would be open to any suggestions. I was looking for a good location, a nice room, and good service.

Old Oct 8th, 1998, 04:53 AM
Jeph

Hey Brian,

Out of these four, I would recommend either the Ritz or the Queen E. Although they might be a little more expensive, their rooms are often well appointed, and their service is exemplary. Enjoy Montreal and if you need any other information, please don't hesitate to drop me a note.

Sincerely,

Jeph

Old Oct 10th, 1998, 06:30 AM
Brian A. Kilgore

All four are excellent hotels. More bustle at the Queen E; the Intercontinental is on the way to Old Montreal; the Bonaventure has a nice indoor-outdoor pool and a good loction; the Ritz has more of an "old money" feel to it, and tends to be more formal. It's next to a great museum and excellent shopping. All are within a few blocks of each other. Or there's Loew's, which is smaller, and a gem, while on the high priced side. The QE and the Bonaventure are connected to the underground system, so you'll stay a bit warmer.

Old Nov 9th, 1998, 12:13 PM
curt beane

I have used the Novotel several times located down town on Rue de la Montagne and enjoyed it very much. Nice rooms good central location, nice breakfast buffet (extra cost). Last time I stayted the rate (AAA discounted) was 109$ Can. about $78 US or so..they also have underground parking if you have a car for like 10$ Can ... pretty good place

Old Nov 11th, 1998, 12:11 PM
Pat

Just returned from a long weekend in Montreal. We stay at both the Queen Elizabeth and the Marriott Chateau Champlain. At the Marriott request a room on one of the upper floors overlooking the square (with two beautiful churches below -- one of which is a replica of St. Peters). I love the view and the hotel (which joined the Marriott chain only recently is very nice. However, my husband thinks the lobby can be noisy. The Ritz is very pricey, but if you can afford it. Why not. All three hotels permit a convenient walk to great food and shopping. The Ritz, however, on Sherbrooke is closest to great shopping.