Hotels in Banff and Jasper Area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can folks please reign in on good quality (but a value price) hotels in the Banff and Jasper areas. (We're traveling the area for 7 days.)
thank you.
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 12:50 PM

This might be helpful: http://www.banffinfo.com/-screen-scn...eretostay-.htm
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 06:23 AM

I use www.kayak.com just to get a general idea on rates. If I have a reservation that has no cancellation fee. I also check kayak periodically to see if anyone is offering discounted rates. Lodging here is more expensive than other places we visit. B&Bs offer more affordable rates.

For your time in Banff, you can stay in Banff or Lake Louise--they are about a half hour apart. We usually stay in Lake Louise which is closer to the hikes we like to do.

We loved Paradise Lodge and cabins in Lake Louise and they used to offer a 3 nt hiker special. We stayed in their least expensive cabins and loved them, it includes a very nice continental breakfast. We have also stayed at Baker Creek which is between Banff and Lake Louise. Got a special rate once at Emerald Lake in Yoho and loved it--it is convenient to Lake Louise and the drive back and forth is beautiful. We have also stayed at the Rimrock in Banff on a last minute rate. A very nice hotel with lovely views, outside of the Banff town.

In Jasper, there are many rooms to rent there. We have never stayed in one of those. We have stayed at Beckers and Patricia Lake. We really loved Patricia Lake cabins. We stayed in their least expensive cabins by the lake and loved taking a bottle of wine down to the dock and watching the sunset. I always wanted to stay at Alpine Village but they used to require a 3 nt stay--and we have only stayed in Jasper 2 nts.

We love the Canadian Rockies. Enjoy your trip.
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM

We just returned from Jasper and stayed at Patricia Lake. The cabins may be rustic but they are clean and sitting by the dock is great with a mountain/lake view. You can rent canoes, boats, or kayaks and there is even fishing. There are trails nearby. They also have a laundry! Ahh, I wish I was still there....
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 10:16 PM

I think the "rooms for rent" that LindainOhio referred to are private home accommodations - rooms or suites in resident's homes. Listings are at www.stayinjasper.com - they tend to be about half the price of a hotel room and don't have to charge 11% tax on top.