Search

HOTELS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 04:59 PM
ALLISON

HOTELS

Anyone like to offer an opinion on either the Toronto Hilton or the Novotel (both downtown). I currently have reservations at both and hope a local can clue me in on which is actually better. This is our first visit to Toronto so ideally we would like to be centrally located, etc. Would welcome any responses. Thanks. Also, any input on the very best italian restaurant ?? (food wise, atmsophere is not important).

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 06:48 PM
Brian Kilgore

The Hilton, probably. It's just had a major rennovation, has a fancy new lobby, is closer to some theatres and further away from others when compared to the Novatel (assuming the downtown Hilton and the downtown Novatel. There's a Hilton and a Novatel near the airport) <BR>You probably can't beat Centro, on Yonge Street a few blocks north of Eglinton, for Italian food, but Toronto's full of good Italian restaurants. Make a reservation at Centro, and bring $200 or so. <BR>Il Posto on Yorkville Avenue, is excellent, closer to the hotel, and about the same price. <BR>Oro, on Elm Street almost at Bay, west of Yonge, has lots of italian dishes, and has a great chef. <BR>BAK

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 04:54 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Allison, if you'll do a search for "Toronto Trip Report" you can read my report on the newly renovated Hilton rooms and a couple of restaurants (one Italian) that we really really liked.

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 06:29 AM
synet165

Just came back from Toronto, stayed at the Sheraton Centre, down the block from the hilton and a world of difference. The airport bus stops and picks up right at the Sheraton where the service is wonderful. If you go to the sheraton website www.sheraton.com you can find specials and if you call the hotel directly you get great rates. This was also my first time in Toronto and the location of the Sheraton Center is wonderful, right near bus routes, two subway stations and right above the underground city if you don't want to walk outside. If you are doing the tourist thing, this is the location for you. Enjoy yourself

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 06:31 AM
sy;net165

I understand that the Kit Kat on King Street West is a wonderful restaurant.I didn't get to go but a number of people I know in New York, suggested that this was the best Italian restaurant in Toronto.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 04:13 PM
Laura

I would definitely say the Hilton over the Novotel. --if you are looking to splurg on a nice spot to stay have a look at the Royal York....you will pay-but well worth it!!! <BR> <BR>