Search

hotel dilemma

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 06:40 PM
teresa

hotel dilemma

help me choose between staying at the sheraton suites le soleil or the westin grand in vancouver. also we are considering the pendrell suites. any advice anyone?????

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 09:27 PM
sheri

I've stayed at the Sheraton Le Soleil and liked it alot. Nicely apppointed suites, good central downtown location. I haven't seen the rooms at the Westin, but based solely on location, I'd choose the Sheraton. I don't know anything about the Pendrell suites. If you're looking for a nice all-suites hotel, another one to consider is the Pacific Palisades on Robson. I'm staying there Sunday night so if you're interested, let me know and I'll post a report!

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 05:26 PM
teresa

sherri, please let me know what you think about the pacific palisades and also the hotel vancouver. thanks alot!

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 09:54 AM
sheri

I'm back from my quick trip to Vancouver, and enjoyed my stay at the Pacific Palisades. The location on Robson is excellent, and the suites are spacious. The new decor is bright (the hotel's new tag line is "South Beach meets Stanley Park")--lots of greens and yellows, and nice views from the upper floors. The service was good (except for the valets--I guess they were too busy looking cool to help arriving guests!). One drawback was elevator noise; the bedroom in my suite shared a wall with the elevator bank and it definitely woke me up during the night. If you're a light sleeper, ask for a suite that's not next to the elevator bank. <BR> <BR>Overall, I wouldn't put it into the top luxury hotel category, but it's a great choice if you want to be centrally located and like the extra space of a suite. <BR> <BR>I took a look at some rooms at the Westin Grand and it looks really nice. I just wish it weren't so far down Robson Street. I'd still go for Le Soleil for location, but if you want a view and don't mind a bit of a walk, the Westin is definitely worth considering. <BR> <BR>I'm not a huge fan of the Hotel Vancouver. Like the other CP (now Fairmont) hotels, most of the luxury seems concentrated in the lobby and public spaces; the rooms are fine, but it's basically a big hotel with lots of tour groups and just ok service, unless you spring for the concierge floor rooms (the Entree Gold program). Otherwise, I'd choose the Sutton Place over the Hotel Vancouver any day if you're not looking for an all-suite hotel. <BR> <BR>Hope this is helpful!

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 06:03 PM
elizabeth

To the top for the person asking about the Pacific Palisades