Hikes in Whistler area

Search

Hikes in Whistler area

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hikes in Whistler area

I have looked at the trail maps for Whistler Blackcomb. The Musical Bumps to Singing Pass trail is listed as difficult. The elevation gain is only 500 feet. Is this trail considered difficult because of challenging terrain, distance or what? Whistler Al, you out there? Opinion, please.
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 04:32 PM

Hi cmc,
To tell the truth, I haven't done singing pass since 87, but from what I remember, it is not that difficult , other than there is lots of elevation changes, and it is 5 to 6 hours. I don't think it would be a problem, but I do plan to do that hike this summer, so if I do, I will give you a report. I believe you said you were to be here in July. Is that correct? Cheers, Al
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Hi Al, sorry I didn't see your reply until just now. We arrive on July 10. We are middleaged, relatively fit and do a lot of hiking. I would love to see your review of the trail.
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Hello Whistler Al,
Earlier this spring you said you would be hiking Musical Bumps to Singing Pass and would give me an evaluation. Have you done the hike yet?
Thanks, Whistler Al.
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 09:17 AM

Hi cmc,
We just got back from a month in France, so I definitely NEED to do a long hike, but there is still snow in the pass, so it will be another couple of weeks before we can go. I will give you a hike report after we do it. If you are bikers, there are LOTS of trails throughout the valley that you can explore. You can rent mountain bikes in the village, and ride for days, on everything from flat paved and gravel trails to extreme singletracks. you can also take your bike up the gondola and ride down the mountain. There are trails there for beginner to expert. Also, go to www.ziptrek.com This is getting rave reviews and is for all ages. Cheers, Al
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Whistler Al and welcome home. We are not bikers. Thanks for the ziptrek site, we will check it out.
I look forward to your hike report.
Best