Help me narrow accomodations for NOTL

Aug 30th, 1999, 06:05 PM
Lynn

Help me narrow accomodations for NOTL

We've gone from a side-trip to NOTL to planning a one night stay en route to Toronto. So, once again, I'm looking to you folks for suggestions on accomodations. Based on other posts I've read, I've narrowed it down to Prince of Wales, Pillar & Post or Moffat Inn? Suggestions please?? Price isn't an object, but I want to stay somewhere quaint, nicely appointed and memorable located central to town. Thanks!

Aug 30th, 1999, 08:39 PM
Lynn

P.S. - I am also considering a B&B. So far, I like Shannaleigh and Lakewinds Country Manor. Can anyone recommend either or similar properties?

Aug 30th, 1999, 09:21 PM
Donna

The Prince of Wales (which was glorious before) has just reopened (late June) after a mega-million dollar renovation project. We were there opening day and it is absolutely spectacular. It's right in the middle of town, within walking distance of everything. The Pillar & Post (same owner) is also fabulous and has a beautiful and amazing spa (not that you'd have much time to enjoy it in a one-night visit, though). Neither of these is what I would describe as quaint, but, rather, top notch luxury, style and class. The Moffat Inn is very nice, but more of a very nice inn, and definitely "quaint". As nice as the Prince of Wales is now, I highly recommend dinner at the Queens Landing Inn, especially on the terrace if the weather is nice. You'd be well advised to book forthwith, as all of these places fill up quickly, and may have minimum stay requirements if you're going between now and the end of October.

Aug 31st, 1999, 04:45 PM
lynne

If price is no problem...On The Twenty for dinner, it is in Jordan a short drive from Niagara On The Lake! The best in the area!! We were in Niagara On The Lake recently and The Prince Of Wales menu has changed...not the variety that there used to be on the menu and hte price is UP! It is a lovely hotel!

Aug 31st, 1999, 05:04 PM
Donna

Agree - On The Twenty is a spectacular restaurant - and it's on the way to Toronto from NOTL. Reservations are essential (even for weekday lunch). Be sure to get directions from the QEW when you call to reserve. Just a short drive from the highway.