Gros Morne 4 day Itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a trip to Gros Morne early July 2012 and have never been to Newfoundland. I would love to hear your thoughts on my draft itinerary:

Arrive GM 3pm, proceed to Woody Point, hike to the Lookout, stay overnight in Woody's Point.

Day 2: early morning hike Green Gardens short, proceed north to 4pm Western Brook Boat tour. Stay overnight in Rocky Harbour.

Day 3: Berry Hill sunrise; hike Gros Morne mountain. Stay overnight in Norris Point.

Day 4: Kayak 9am - noon - afternoon maybe hike Baker Brook Falls, maybe drive to La Scie to see icebergs, maybe drive to Sir Richard squires park to see Salmon jumping

Day 5: need to be at Deer Lake airport by noon.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM

Give Sue a all at Gros Morne Adventures--www.grosmorneadventures.com/activities.html--and buy a 2-3 day adventure package. She'll help you plan your stay.

Ken
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:53 PM

Rocky Harbour and Norris Point are so close to each other you might be happier staying in one or the other for nights two and three and have less unpacking to do. We stayed in Norris Point at Neddies and loved it. Where were you planning on staying night four? You could stay three nights in either place and still make the drive to Deer Lake the morning of your flight.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:44 AM
Original Poster

Hi Starfish,

I haven't finalized where to stay on the last night as I'm not sure whether I should a) do another hike b) drive to La Scie to see icebergs or c) drive to Sir Richard Squires Park

Really looking forward to some feedback from people familiar with the area.

Thank you very much for responding!!!!
Old May 3rd, 2012, 03:37 PM

You do realize that LaScie is no more likely to have icebergs on that specific day than Twillingate, Morton's Harbour, or any point along the NE coast? Icebergs are most common in May and June, are sometimes around in July, but it is impossible to predict which community may have one drifting past on any given date.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM

Wherever you stay have a wonderful trip. Western Brook is so scenic and Gros Morne is just spectacular.