Grand Bend, Canada

Old Jul 20th, 2021, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Bend, Canada

We are traveling to Canada to see my ggg grandmother's grave in Carlisle, Ontario, Canada. We thought we would spend a couple of nights in nearby Grand Bend, Ontario. We have never been to this area. I am interested in must sees and where to stay. Anxious to see and be near Lake Huron. Thanks for any help. The travel band is suppose to end August 9th.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will have to prove you have been double vaccinated and take a Covid test to enter Canada -- apparently. The rules are fluid. Grand Bend has been a lakefront resort for many decades, the lake being Huron. Some areas are elegant; the beach along the town centre more honkey-tonk. It will be crowded all summer, especially in the 'staycation' era. What it isn't is near Carlisle. Google Maps pegs the distance as a two-hour drive and I think that is optimistic. Carlisle was a farming hamlet a century ago but now it is on the edge of the urban sprawl of the city of Hamilton, itself on Lake Ontario.