GOOSE HUNTING

Old Jan 5th, 1999, 04:07 AM
sheila

GOOSE HUNTING

My husband is wanting to plan goose hunting trip in Canada. Does anyone have any information about guides, costs, etc. We would appreciate any information on this subject.

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 02:08 PM
theresa

Hi Sheila,

I've got lots of ideas but where in Canada? It's a big country but I know the western provinces better, as I live in Vancouver. Will he be driving or flying? How far north does he want to go in Canada and for how long? Get back to me,

Happy Trails,

Theresa

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 03:28 PM
Sheila

Hi Theresa He does not know the best location to go in Canada. This is just one of his dreams. Which part would be the best location for goose hunting. We would probably fly since we are coming from TN and it would be nice if the area had other things to do (shopping or sightseeing for me). We have never been to Canada so we need lots of help.

Old Jan 7th, 1999, 02:48 PM
Emma

I thought it was illegal to kill Canadian geese - has that changed?

Old Jan 8th, 1999, 03:20 PM
Sheila

Emma - If it is illegal to hunt geese in Canada, please let me know. We do not want to do anything illegal. Does anyone know the law on this?

Old Jan 9th, 1999, 10:20 AM
Emma

Hi Sheila... I pulled this quote from http://www.icu.com/geese/report2a.html

The Canada goose is under Federal protection through the migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. This act makes it unlawful to hunt, kill , sell, disturb nests,purchase or possess migratory birds except as permitted by regulations adopted by the Secretary of the Interior.

If you search the web for "Bird Treaty Act" you'll find lots of info. Hope this helps!