Global Entry for International Travel??

May 31st, 2018, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Global Entry for International Travel??

Hi everyone! Just curious if there's such a thing as Global Entry for travelling from Canada to Europe, Italy in particular. I know there's Nexus between Canada and the US and that it can take months to get paperwork done etc, but was hoping there was a way to cut back time in security etc when going overseas LOL!

Thanks for any input
Jun 1st, 2018, 11:10 AM

It depends

With a Nexus Card, you are eligible to use Global Entry lanes where they exist. That said, I'm not sure if that option is open to Canadian citizens, or only for US citizens. I would check on the Nexus/Global Entry website for details. My memory is that Global Entry has an option for the UK, but not elsewhere in Europe.
Jun 1st, 2018, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you kgsneds, that's what I thought. I've been searching online and can't find anything for quick entry into European countries
Jun 1st, 2018, 02:36 PM

>>if there's such a thing as Global Entry for travelling from Canada to Europe, Italy in particular . . . but was hoping there was a way to cut back time in security etc when going overseas LOL!<<

I'm a bit confused - Global Entry is . . . for entry. That is for entry back into the USA. It is a US Customs and Border Patrol Program It doesn't apply for entry into Schengen/Italy or other places in Europe.
Jun 1st, 2018, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

That's why I asked if "there was such a thing as" global entry for European countries. It may be called something else, but I haven't come across any programs such as Nexus/global entry for other countries besides Canada and the US.

Search this Thread